JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JWL playing an echo when shared on zoom

The last 2 weeks, I have been having some weird issues with zoom and JWL not playing well together. Last week, during the congregation bible study, I played the 2 min video and the audio was doubled over with about a second and a half delay. We skipped the video. Sunday, one of our songs played a bit quicker than it should have been. And last night, 2 of the songs had the echo effect again. We played through them, and I tried after meeting to see if I could duplicate the issue, but with no luck. Any ideas on what's causing this or how to fix it?

The only time we had a problem like that was when the brother acting as Host didn't mute himself. He was wearing wired earbuds with a mic and we were getting a little feedback from him.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

We also have strange problems with the Wi-Fi slowing things down. I suspect that the friends at the KH have access to the WiFi during the meeting and it overloads it. It gets really bad when we play any videos. That may explain why you can't reproduce it after the meeting when there aren't as many people using the WiFi.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 minutes ago, Chaoticburn said:

The issue with the WiFi thought is that all this is downloaded, and should play through effortlessly. 

So the problem is with the KH sound when you share the video on Zoom? That is strange.

One of the sisters in my FSG and my wife both had videos "fast-playing" when the selected them.  My wife found that if you dragged the "play" bar at the bottom all the way to the right side (made the video finish quickly) and then restarted it a second time, it played flawlessly.  I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem mentioned but it happened a couple of times.  The video and voice were not synced and played too quickly.

7 hours ago, Chaoticburn said:

audio was doubled over

We have had a similar issue when playing meeting songs in the KHall over the last couple of weeks. It is only occasional. It sounds like two versions of the music playing, slightly delayed.

I have had the problem at home when using a surround sound system and forgetting to turn down the actual TV volume control. The one sound signal was playing through two devices simultaneously with a little latency causing the echo effect. Muting the TV solved the issue.

This is not the issue at the KH though as there is only the one sound card. The only thing I have suggested is that there may be an issue with playing a stream simultaneously with a downloaded file? The answer I got was "we'll investigate". Still awaiting results. I am interested to see what turns up here. 

5 hours ago, Eejay said:

We have had a similar issue when playing meeting songs in the KHall over the last couple of weeks. It is only occasional. It sounds like two versions of the music playing, slightly delayed.

I have had the problem at home when using a surround sound system and forgetting to turn down the actual TV volume control. The one sound signal was playing through two devices simultaneously with a little latency causing the echo effect. Muting the TV solved the issue.

This is not the issue at the KH though as there is only the one sound card. The only thing I have suggested is that there may be an issue with playing a stream simultaneously with a downloaded file? The answer I got was "we'll investigate". Still awaiting results. I am interested to see what turns up here. 

If what I was playing was downloaded, I could see that being an issue. Our hall doesn't have good Wi-Fi, so I have to make sure everything is downloaded otherwise it drops zoom. 

This hasn't happened at home yet. Another issue I've seen is friends not getting video on zoom, not everyone, just specific ones. I'm pretty sure that's been resolved and was an issue with their set up though. 

Has anyone got any insight on this problem? We had it  when trying to play the downloaded convention Highlights video. All other videos for the meeting played fine but not that one. There are some postings on line regarding the problem related to Apple computers I note, but nothing that really explains what is happening.

The simple fix is to test the videos prior to the meeting of course, but that is not a solution. Can anyone enlighten?