JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

money saving tips for hard pioneers.

purplefan

Hear are a few money saving tips for people in the forum w ho are finding things a bit tough and cant make ends meet.

Raid the lost and found in various locations. Libraries, schools, and public pools, are all great places where you can pick up great items at a steal.

Go snacking at gourmet grocery stores with food samples. You might be able to lunch your way through the shopping aisles as long as you are not too fussy about sharing your food with other shoppers.

Dont go buying expensive carpets for your home, for people to walk over. Simply buy two carpet tiles, and glue them to your slippers. That way you will s till have that carpet feel

Cant afford expensive I pods and MP3 players. Dont worry. Just hum your favourite tune, if you want to change the track, hum another song.

Borrow magazines from your doctor’s office. If you feel bad about this, return them when you are finished.

If you know any yourself feel free to post.

Before I go further, please everyone, be assured that the above are jokes. Don't get all stressed because there are no smilies there!

There was a local paper that a few years ago wanted ideas from people on how to save money. The only one I remember was a man that had trained himself to have BMs during his work hours so his company had to pay for the toilet paper!

:lol2:

Before I go further, please everyone, be assured that the above are jokes. Don't get all stressed because there are no smilies there!

There was a local paper that a few years ago wanted ideas from people on how to save money. The only one I remember was a man that had trained himself to have BMs during his work hours so his company had to pay for the toilet paper!

:lol2:

Your killing me :lol1:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Hahaha.I got a perm from cosmetology school once when i was 16. Looked like French poodle for a week or two. Definitely risk noted and taken. Lol. One money saving I use is if you are in the states, and have ralphs and shell stations. When you get points from Ralph's card, you can use to get gas for 20 cents less than normal price. I got 3.99 a gallon other day doing that.

Busy pioneers, Don't buy a Dachshund. Their amusing sausage shape means

they take 50% longer to stroke than other dogs, and time is wasted.

OLD telephone directories make ideal personal address books.

Simply cross out the names and address of people you don't know.

Drink water: Drink a large glass of water before every meal you will eat less. Less food, less expensively.:drink:

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

Utility bills can be a very costly. A simple way to cut back costs here is to use the electrical outlets in hospital lobbies, or other public facilities. Use the outlets for small things like charging your cellphone, laptop, and other devices. Oh, and if there's a television, watch the news and your favorite programs while waiting for your device(s) to charge. The savings all add up.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing011.gif

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

:laugh: Thats brilliant. Thats what Jehovah meant when he inspired Matthew to write at Matt 6;22,23 to have a simple life.

Utility bills can be a very costly. A simple way to cut back costs here is to use the electrical outlets in hospital lobbies, or other public facilities. Use the outlets for small things like charging your cellphone, laptop, and other devices. Oh, and if there's a television, watch the news and your favorite programs while waiting for your device(s) to charge. The savings all add up.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing011.gif

Instead of ordering coffee and snack when on coffee break, just have a sip and a bite of everyone else's. My mother-in-law did that to me all the time.:eat:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Also you can get your hair cuts at the local cosmetology school for $2.00 ......but there are risk....

Throw away all mirrors in your house, then you won't need all that expensive beauty stuff and you will always look good. You may use reflection in your husband eyes if need. It also will save you 2 or more hours per day.

Change all light bulbs to 20 Wt then your house will always look clean and tidy.

Think green!

"Absolute rubbish”

Also Rich Pioneers can help Poor Pioneers

Here there are facilities

1) Go to Mcdonalds - buy 2 packs and you get one free

2) Go to BMW and buy a Car , you get one chevorlet car free

3) Go to Ezone and buy two TVs and you get a third TV free

4) Go to a Beauty Parlor, have few courses, get a free hair cut

5) Go to a mobile store, buy two and you get one mobile free.

It takes two rich pioneers to help one poor pioneer.

two buy things the third can use the free ones.

how is it??

Agape

Also you can get your hair cuts at the local cosmetology school for $2.00 ......but there are risk....

111008=6098-cutting-bangs-the-wrong-way1

or married a hairdresser

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

You are just to funny. I would never have thought of straws. Good idea. Especially if you can get free refills. I think I'm getting a crush on you.

111247=6111-48.gif

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

He suggests a 5 straw drink share and you find that hot! . .*wierdos you all*. :raspberry: Bring home your second Mc's coffee and save it for tomorrows breakfast.
It wasn't the 5 straws, he has a great sense of humor, just a little off, just like mine.

111269=6114-Big_feet.gif

well mrs grumpy for our first date

id take you round the supermarkets to snack on the free hand outs, then our drink shall be tap water with a straw each.

Instead of going to the cinema, we would sit outside some electrical retailer and watch the TV from the window.

If it get a bit cold we would go to the local soup kitchen for a nice ferr bowl of soup.

Perfect evening. :thumbsup: