JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Security alert for spyware found HELP!

Chuck or anyone that can help me out, please, I have a problem that I know nothing about. It is a windows security warning that is telling me that spy ware has been found, 6 in the Shared Documents, 79 in the Hard Drive © & 7 in My Documents. Some are trojans.This is in red & flashing. It has been doing this for 2 hours. If I try & close the window a pop-up message says “Your system is at risk of crash. Press CANCEL to prevent it. Can you help me, please. Betty:praying: OOPS I think that I posted in the wrong place, sorry.:blushing:

There is a rash of Trojan's going around that we call "fake alerts" They produce fake warning messages from "Windows security" and they try to get you to purchase their product, eventually. They scare you by making it look like your system is infected. I will send you some instructions by PM.

Do not click on anything or say "yes" to any message until you do what I will outline in the PM.

I had one of those "you've got viruses" trojans about a year ago. It looked so much like my own virus protection warning windows that I made the mistake of clicking on it. Oh, man, was it a bugger to git rid of.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25