JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Firstly, just left mouse click on your name at the top of the right

image.png.31442d49f3222558f89310d01ddb31ab.png

Then it should display your profile page.

image.thumb.png.f3395a795382048a76ec518c81660116.png

Then left mouse click on the "Cover Photo" and you then can select "Choose Photo"

image.png.a9bd3efe5bf271d901fbca7d2e910142.png

Then you can drag-and-drop the image into this area, or click on the "Choose Single File..." option and browse your device to select a image and click on "Save".

image.thumb.png.99ae44c2844c9c3217f360b107c2c0ad.png

If you juct click on the image it will open it in full.

image.thumb.png.4c154a4d53ef04beeb148845925f45f3.png

However, if the image is in full image mode, when you try to move the image, it will reset back to the whole image.

image.thumb.png.40e919edde1ef7fb1164ffa9d7a6198e.png

So just click on the "Save position" icon without positioning it.

Depending on the resolution and image size of your picture, it may take several seconds before it uploads such as below.

image.thumb.png.6a1754bb5d9d2cf5b31c07165ba24812.png

Now if you then click on the "Cover Photo" and then select "Reposition Photo",

image.png.95a8aca55406fbdd2378e73f68e3f23e.png

By moving the picture up or down in its minimised state, you can position what it would look like when the Cover Photo when it is minimised, then click on "Save position".

image.thumb.png.77681a93c24b7a6c5f480029862dcadd.png

Now it will be set to what you have selected.

image.thumb.png.4a82d45882e35a66c40f5db884669e4c.png

However, if you then click on the Cover Photo, then it will then expand to the picture in full.

image.thumb.png.87871c9fece9a26bd9f134e3ece576df.png

You will notice that it doesn't show the clouds as much as in the previous image that I have originally downloaded.

But if you wish to reposition the image so it can show more above what you had previously selected, just click on the "Cover Photo/Repoistion Photo" and when it is the minimised state and  just drag the image back down and the click on "Save position" when you are satisifed.

image.thumb.png.c7f4ebac6ebabd63837cae038b27b435.png

When I click on the cover photo and it enlarges, it now shows more cloud than it previous did when I repositioned the image previously.

image.thumb.png.77027eb7821482309c9f9edf96d69f9a.png

You may have to do this a couple of times until you get the hang of it.

Otherwise, you may have to edit the original image that you wish to upload and then upload it into JWTalk.

59 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Hey Simone! Fellow Aussie here.  My first car was a Datsun 120Y. It was red and went very “fast” (anything over 80km made it vibrate 😂). Still, I did take it off-road in the Blue Mts. 😱😱. Good little car!

Welcome to the forum! Bom Dia Reaction GIF

I had first choice of buying either a '75 Datsun 120Y sports coupe or a '78 Mazda 323 5 door hatchback off a pioneer brother in a neighboring congregation when I first got my license.

image.png.c551c71a7d792865f59d6d42c5be3855.png  verses image.png.2b2c1cd059414d47d848099cf1639e97.png

I opted for the Mazda, as it had a 5 speed box, mag wheels, sports exhaust, but it had some rust and a month's rego, but I was able to sit in the driver's seat more comfortably. Whereas the 120Y was just out of rego but in better nick body wise, but it was a 2 door which annoying for doing rural territory. The asking price was $300 for either car.

Another brother in my congregation bought the Datsun, as he hoped that I would buy the Mazda, as he preferred the Nissan/Datsun's. He resprayed the mustard yellow 120Y to a sky blue with 13 cans of cheap spray paint cans with matt black trimming, which only costed him less than $50 including the masking tape, sandpaper and newspaper. He didn't look bad either, but being sky blue colour, he was easily more recognisable to those with flashing lights.

Whereas my 323 was originally a bright lime green colour which had faded somewhat, which after I had cut the rust out of it and some other little repairs, I resprayed it to metallic sherwood green, with metallic gun metal grey timming around the sills, windows and boot, but doing it with proper automotive paint and technics. I had rebuild the motor 1.4L motor, after finding that cylinder head we cracked in between the valves in two of the cylinders, which made the engine sound like a rotary engine when it idled. Also found out all the interesting modifications that was done to car, such as the suspension was raised by 2 inches (which normally cars a lowered), the gearbox was from a Miata sports car, where they had to install steel angle plates as it was longer than a normal gearbox for this car. For it's age, it still looked very modern when I resprayed it a dark green.

But no wonder this car was good for rural territory, as it went places that even some 4x4 owners wouldn't go with their vehicles, and this car just nimbles it way up the beaten track. I even crossed a causeway where the water line was about 6 inched up the windows of the vehicle. It's top speed was about 185kph (115mph) in 4th, and it used the same amount of fuel whether you were gentle on the throttle or not.

Sadly, the Mazda got pummeled in a severe hail storm, and the rust on the roof seams developed really fast. So about the early 2000's, we just used it as paddock basher where my younger siblings learned how to drive a car, until it got rolled for the 4th time which the roof eventually collapsed and it was no longer save to drive anymore. d

But it is great to see old cars like these on the road still.

Edited by Pabo

Since the question in the OP seems to have been answered very completely - I'll join the "first car" :offtopic:direction:

My first car was a hand-me-down 2-door 1965 Chevrolet Biscayne with no power anything (brakes, steering, windows), no radio, no AC and 6 cylinder motor.

f61f09eb274ca69847768379503d9dc2.jpg

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Hey Simone! Fellow Aussie here.  My first car was a Datsun 120Y. It was red and went very “fast” (anything over 80km made it vibrate 😂). Still, I did take it off-road in the Blue Mts. 😱😱. Good little car!

Welcome to the forum! Bom Dia Reaction GIF

Bird Love Hello GIFhello fellow Aussie! Been Seeing so many Datsun lately on the road again ,all done up looking beautiful. 

2 hours ago, Pabo said:

Nice photo of the sunrise with the contrail in the sky.

Bird Love Hello GIFhello fellow Aussie! Been Seeing so many Datsun lately on the road again ,all done up looking beautiful. 

Edited by Datsun_120Y

That is a beautiful cover photo ,very nice 👌

Back in the early 1970's I met an artist from California who painted sunsets. His work was quite exceptional. I noticed that a few of his paintings were sunrises and he was surprised I was able to determine they were rises instead of sets. He said most people do not know that the colors in sunrises and sunsets are different. The differences are subtle, but they are there.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

5 hours ago, Qapla said:

Back in the early 1970's I met an artist from California who painted sunsets. His work was quite exceptional. I noticed that a few of his paintings were sunrises and he was surprised I was able to determine they were rises instead of sets. He said most people do not know that the colors in sunrises and sunsets are different. The differences are subtle, but they are there.

I think also depends in what part in the world you live in too, and what is the local atmospheric anomolies you see.

Here in Australia on the east coast, you generally see contrails in the morning to just about mid-afternoon, but rarely see them at sunset, thus my mistaking it to be a sunrise, not a sunset as it had been pointed out correctly. But up your way, as you have colder atmospheric than what we have, then it will be different for you as well.

Also, the colours between the sunrise and sunset can be slightly different as well. Our sunsets are generally more redder due to the light reflected by a drier red soil on our continent, and our sunrises are generally more yellow, and it only has a different shade and tone of red if there are clouds over the eastern seaboard. But you go to the other side of Australia, it is completely opposite, and in the middle of our continent it is different again.

But no matter where you are in the world, they are truly beautiful and unique each day.