JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Children in Paradise

Do you think it will be possible for women to have children forever in paradise? As in Sister A could theoretically get pregnant every 10 months for infinity and beyond? And if it's not possible, do you think that women will still have a menstruation cycle?

I hope we wouldn't be able to get pregnant every 10 months forever because that would be exhausting. And I hope to not have a menstruation cycle for eternity using birth control for years and years and years on end is quite depressing!

16 minutes ago, Dages said:

I have a déjà-vu feeling with this topic, though. I think we discussed this point some weeks ago.

We discussed whether we would like to be called Dad or just by our name.

1 hour ago, Pikachu said:

Do you think it will be possible for women to have children forever in paradise? As in Sister A could theoretically get pregnant every 10 months for infinity and beyond? And if it's not possible, do you think that women will still have a menstruation cycle?

I hope we wouldn't be able to get pregnant every 10 months forever because that would be exhausting. And I hope to not have a menstruation cycle for eternity using birth control for years and years and years on end is quite depressing!

Now you have a good point, there's a possibility that we can make condoms there too. I don't imagine it's prohibited there. But you're right, if at no point does a woman's ability to become pregnant cease, she could be pregnant for all eternity. That doesn't look very nice...

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

I have read that women are born with millions of eggs.  I have also read that most of those eggs die by the time she gets older.  Jewish tradition says that Adam and Eve had 32 sons and 22 daughters.  Living for 900 years, if they had one child every 2 years (which seems to be about average in the genealogy I have done), they could have had far more than 54 children.

With people living forever, there would be no need to have children unless some of Earth's inhabitants are taken from Earth to populate other planets.  Who knows?

God said to 'fill the Earth' not to overflow it.

Edited by Witness1970

• 3 months later...

When you fill a glass with water, you fill it until it reaches the top and you are ready to drink. You don’t overfill, because the water will spill out and cause a mess.

So at some point, people will stop having kids on the earth when Jehovah feels that enough humans have filled the earth. He is a God of order, not disorder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All we really know in the end is that Jehovah said "fill the earth". How full he actually wants the earth is anyone's guess. I don't think we'll be popping out a baby every 10 months, because, remember those babies, eventually grow up, with the potential of getting married and having babies, and, while this is a big planet, the earth only has so much room for humans...unless Jehovah wants us to terraform the solar system, but I highly doubt that he does. 

20 hours ago, Katty said:

All we really know in the end is that Jehovah said "fill the earth". How full he actually wants the earth is anyone's guess. I don't think we'll be popping out a baby every 10 months, because, remember those babies, eventually grow up, with the potential of getting married and having babies, and, while this is a big planet, the earth only has so much room for humans...unless Jehovah wants us to terraform the solar system, but I highly doubt that he does. 

19 hours ago, Dages said:

Life is eternal. I hope he does

Why the solar system?  Why not habitable planets in other star systems?

I have heard estimates that there are 2,000,000,000,000 (2 trillion) galaxies in the observable universe.  It is estimated that our galaxy contains 100,000,000,000 (100 billion) to 200,000,000,000 stars (200 billion).  Using the lower number of stars, If our galaxy and if our galaxy is an average galaxy, there could be 200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (200 sextillion) stars in the observable universe.  How many of those stars could have habitable planets?  How many more galaxies might there be outside the present observable universe?

I tried to exit the last post, but I took too long and it could not edit.

Interesting because although there may be alot of orphans born in the NW, they will probably come into contact or be connected with a relative or distant relative. Just as when you do a DNA test today, the results can show not only immediate family members, but also 3rd, 4th, even 5th cousins around the world. So if a set of parents are not resurrected, there is still an opportunity to find a family member, even distantly related. But not to say there won’t be children adopted by others, but I just think with eternity gives the possibiity to find some relation.

Edited by Amygdala

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

3 hours ago, Witness1970 said:

Why the solar system?  Why not habitable planets in other star systems?

True. I suppose if we're living forever, taking 100 million years to go to another planet isn't a really long time. We'll have to wait and see, I suppose :)

There will be plenty of children in the resurrection, early on in the 1,000 year reign. New generations, though, is for Jehovah to tell us.

Maybe, as Witness1970 said, other planetary bodies will provide a home too. How would people get there? is it going to be the real version of "beam me up Scotty"?

18 hours ago, Katty said:

True. I suppose if we're living forever, taking 100 million years to go to another planet isn't a really long time. We'll have to wait and see, I suppose :)

16 hours ago, Mike047 said:

There will be plenty of children in the resurrection, early on in the 1,000 year reign. New generations, though, is for Jehovah to tell us.

Maybe, as Witness1970 said, other planetary bodies will provide a home too. How would people get there? is it going to be the real version of "beam me up Scotty"?

There may be ways to travel to other star systems that we are not aware of.    If Jehovah can resurrect a long-dead person by restoring the DNA of that person, why couldn't he create a body on another planet and put the DNA and memories of a person into the new body?  Maybe there is a fourth dimension that we cannot access that we can travel through (with Jehovah's help) to get to another planet.  

20 hours ago, Amygdala said:

Interesting because although there may be alot of orphans born in the NW, they will probably come into contact or be connected with a relative or distant relative. Just as when you do a DNA test today, the results can show not only immediate family members, but also 3rd, 4th, even 5th cousins around the world. So if a set of parents are not resurrected, there is still an opportunity to find a family member, even distantly related. But not to say there won’t be children adopted by others, but I just think with eternity gives the possibiity to find some relation.

Or maybe grandparents who are young again.