JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Size of the area to build our houses in paradise

Sete

I grew up on 4 acres (1.6 hectares), and although that sounds like a lot, it really isn't.   Unfortunately that is no longer the case for me but got me 22 years of enjoyment.   It was fantastic memory wise.  A good friend of mine had a 1000 acre (404 hectares) farm in the middle of the US.   I will take whatever I can get from Jehovah.

Lots of real estate on other planets perhaps, if Jehovah sees fit to expand to them for his people in the far future as an option.   Or at least make them nice vacation travel destinations as long as it doesn't take _____ light years to get there.   Are we there yet???

Edited by Desert Dan

On 10/23/2023 at 7:42 PM, DancesWithWife said:

One thing to keep in mind is, life without end means you will have to build possibly many homes. I am sure our homes will be built to last longer than many of the modern-day homes. I would be happy to have old train cars, build a track so they could be moved to change with the seasons. I have also seen interesting homes built from old shipping containers. Lots of possibilities. Think of all the material in the world that could be recycled and reused. 

download shipping.jpeg

OIP caboose.jpeg

Interesting design for the house with the covered deck on second floor and the covered area in the back.  Shipping containers to build a house is interesting, but not my style.  Too few windows on the side.  Living on Wright ST.  

The train car with a deck and 2 satellite dishes.  Dishes are different design, apparently from 2 different companies.  

12 hours ago, Dages said:

light years is about distance, not time :D 
God could fold space so you would cross very long distance in mere seconds, I suppose :D 

I just don't want to be traveling at highway speed of 55mph (here is the conversion: 88kph for the rest of the world)...   Otherwise it would take forever, lol.    Jehovah can make whatever happen if he chooses to or not.   Who knows what is in store but regardless, he will satisfy our desires and we can thank him for that.   I am sure he will keep us busy and satisfied.  We won't be rolling our eyes with boredom after 10 million years on the earth.   Plenty to do and see likely awaits.

Edited by Desert Dan

And regarding the resources that this earth is apparently running out of or that are getting rarer to find - I am sure Jehovah could scoot anything in the galaxy closer to us to use for the ultimate durable building materials for certain things.   Or he will show us how to combine whatever we have to last longer.   No longer will there be greed and cost of building materials which can stand in the way of a really well built home.   This is quite the contrast of houses being built by the world today and cheap construction.   We know our organization has high standards and we do the best we can now.   Imagine when Jehovah steps in and says "Hey!  Use this stuff.   Or...   Do it this way instead!".   The ultimate insight on all things obviously comes from him so we will have to wait and see.

I have had this conversation with others many times over the years - there is likely a purpose for the universe.   I doubt Jehovah is just making marbles to play with in his spare time.   What could it be?   We just don't know...  (Haven't we heard that phrase before?)

Edited by Desert Dan

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2024 at 4:05 AM, LeolaRootStew said:

Sorry guys, one pride per town and they must be shared. 💜

lion lioness GIF

Lions like to play with their food, similar to the mice that the cat drags in.

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 2/15/2024 at 7:53 AM, Sete said:

Don't forget to include your children's and family's rooms in the plans brother Andrey, families typically grow exponentially. That's why I would like a big stadium, I could build  some many floors.

675X570.jpg

Alaska: An entire city lives in a single building - It houses homes, a school, a church & a hospital!  I am sure they must have grocery stores, and other stores, also.  This is in Whittier, Alaska.

Edited by Witness1970