JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

STUDY: Is Zoom Making Us Dumber?

On 11/26/2023 at 12:12 PM, Mzbarb said:

In our congregation, zoom has definitely made quite a few healthy brothers and sisters lazy.

Please define “healthy”….

Are you making your judgment based on the outward appearance? Are you a doctor? How do you know whether a brother sister is healthy or not?

8 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Wow, that’ll rather judgmental, isn’t it?

I'm not trying to judge anyone, I'm just sharing an opinion. And I wasn't the only one who noticed it, I talked about it with an elder in my congregation, he was of the same opinion.

Edited by lord21

After this weekends Study Watchtower... I'd not use "dumb" and "lazy" to describe the friends. It reminds me of paragraph 5 & 6 if anyone does so.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

Because of the terrible weather we had last week, our meetings were on Zoom for our last Midweek and this past Sunday's meeting.  The previous Sunday, so many were without power, we didn't even have a Zoom meeting. :(  Friends met for service over Zoom every day last week and the congregation met together on Zoom this past Saturday morning.  We had a ball! ❤️ 

It was FANTASTIC!!!  Not lazy or dumb. 😕  Friends stayed on and talked to each other after each meeting, shared service and household experiences, our usual Zoom shut-ins were engaged, everyone got to talk to our visiting speaker (who used to be an elder in our congregation years ago).  Everyone was able to catch up with each other. I heard info about folks I would never have heard in person at the meeting because I wouldn't be able to get around to everyone.  The spirit was warm and relaxed, the comments were great and people were safe and sound.

I understand and absolutely support in-person meetings.  I do.  But I cannot say from my heart that Zoom is inferior in every way to in-person.  I honestly feel closer and more united with the congregation and activities on Zoom. I miss the assemblies/conventions and circuit pioneer meetings on Zoom. Perhaps it's my particular personality and something I need to work on.  But I believe it's good for us to appreciate that not everyone has the same experience or feelings about Zoom sessions.

3 hours ago, Hope said:

I cannot say from my heart that Zoom is inferior in every way to in-person. ... I believe it's good for us to appreciate that not everyone has the same experience or feelings about Zoom sessions

Thank You Uani ... and just think, were it not for Zoom, I would probably never have had the pleasure of speaking with Uani face-to-face and experience her lovely smile and entertaining conversation!

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Thank You Uani ... and just think, were it not for Zoom, I would probably never have had the pleasure of speaking with Uani face-to-face and experience her lovely smile and entertaining conversation!

Awww thanks! I owe you guys another chat soon.  Maybe tonight... 😉