JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

comfort foods

I will pretend I am Nigella I love her cooking,

Now winter is approaching here....I found a soup my family loved.

Bacon Bone soup

four bones in to a pot

add a packet of chicken stock 1litre

half a leek

four cloves of garlic

pepper

frozen vegies mixed a good handfull

tin of mixed beans

1 onion

and at when ready to eat add some parsley and corriander and chilli or some homemade harrissa

I served it with left over smashed potatoes and rice....

Enjoy!

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Ah, Nigella, advocate of all that is bad for me, but.......

qDnnZ.jpg

the guru looks like she needs a feed. poor withered up girl LoL.

I love the nutrition experts and what they recomend they are way to skinny and some how disfigured looking. what's the go with that.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 2 weeks later...

Big bowl of ramen. I love Ramen or a roast beef dinner.

I have not heard of this dish. What ingredients are used. please?

Oh Thanks that sounds really good. I usually buy the 5 minuite noodles do something almost similar.(tu)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I will pretend I am Nigella I love her cooking,

Now winter is approaching here....I found a soup my family loved.

Bacon Bone soup

four bones in to a pot

add a packet of chicken stock 1litre

half a leek

four cloves of garlic

pepper

frozen vegies mixed a good handfull

tin of mixed beans

1 onion

and at when ready to eat add some parsley and corriander and chilli or some homemade harrissa

I served it with left over smashed potatoes and rice....

Enjoy!

what is harrissa?

• 2 weeks later...

Me too oooo Ron Just Love Ramen

In Sydney there is this amazing Japanese restaurant Ajason Ramen near Darling Harbour It is hard to find and up winding stairs but it is always full to capacity and has some of the best fresh sushi I have ever eaten but almost everyone there is eating Ramen it tastes just like an old Japanese Nanna has made it from her Veggie garden and the noddles like they have just come from her kitchen.

Last year we went on a foodie holiday in Sydney all we did was experience what the food artists had to offer.

:chef:

The Ramen I have doesn't sound anything like Angelas that is more like 2 min noddles

the ramen I have is all fresh Japanese ingredients Bonita seeweed and a load of stuff I don't even Know but boy does it taste good.

the noodles are usually the Udon ones

what is harrissa?

Harissa is a hot chili paste that is commonly found in North African cooking, mainly Moroccan, Algerian, and Tunisian cuisine. It is added to couscous, soups, pastas and other recipes. It can also be purchased in Middle Eastern stores in a can.

For a very spicy harissa: use a blend of cayenne, chile de arbol, or cayenne with a milder chile like ancho chilies

For a medium spiciness: use a blend of New Mexico chilies with guajillo chilies

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

10-12 dried red chili peppers

3 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 teaspoon ground coriander

1 teaspoon ground caraway seeds

1/2 teaspoon cumin

Preparation:

Soak the dried chilies in hot water for 30 minutes. Drain. Remove stems and seeds.

In a food processor combine chili peppers, garlic, salt, and olive oil. Blend.

Add remaining spices and blend to form a smooth paste.

Store in airtight container. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on top to keep fresh. Will keep for a month in the refrigerator.

I usually buy jars of harissa from the supermarket!