JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

A few in my hall are annoyed.
I had a brother mention to me  how the beards would offend little old ladies at the door. I said ,How many little old ladies are coming into the truth ?! Lol  Ohhh, i know there are some , but in my area ..... Little old ladies are staying Baptist and they aint changing . Lol HAHHAHHAHAHA
 And when them little old ladies go to the grocery store and the cashier guy has a beard.  I dont see them running for the hills scared ,as if from a monster man. No , that ship has sailed. 
 So many brothers ( myself included) are joyful and appreciative to Jehovah for this adjustment. 

I wonder if those that are annoyed at the beard announcement are the last regime of the white shirt-only regime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Cheeks said:

I wonder if those that are annoyed at the beard announcement are the last regime of the white shirt-only regime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, I don't know anyone "annoyed" by the annoucment. Have you heard of ones?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On 23/12/2023 at 06:56, Tsheppar said:

Le stade actuel des moustaches -0- Rama ! 

Je ne suis pas fan de me publier en ligne, mais depuis ma propre salle, je vois que les frères ne comprennent pas qu'ils doivent se façonner et se tailler. Il faut commencer tôt. Au moins je le pense. 

Je dis, commencez tôt à tailler et à façonner mes frères. A moins que vous optiez pour le look montagnard. Ce que j'aime parfois d'ailleurs. Ensuite, ignorez ce que je dis et laissez-le se déchaîner. 😂 

20231222_234339.jpg

Tell me, Brother Thomas, was it you who said that when you were a teenager you had big eyebrows and a big nose and that the nose was always big? I'm not a young lady, maybe it's a vision problem, but I look at the photo (I only believe what I see) and I say to myself: where is that big nose? Is it the beard that makes it so  thin because if so, I let it grow right away☺️

1 hour ago, Dolce vita said:

Tell me, Brother Thomas, was it you who said that when you were a teenager you had big eyebrows and a big nose and that the nose was always big? I'm not a young lady, maybe it's a vision problem, but I look at the photo (I only believe what I see) and I say to myself: where is that big nose? Is it the beard that makes it so  thin because if so, I let it grow right away☺️

Epic...

13 hours ago, trottigy said:

Hmm, I don't know anyone "annoyed" by the annoucment. Have you heard of ones?

Yes. 100 percent . I haven't  heard of them , I know them . There are ones in my hall and neighboring halls that are annoyed . Some are having to adjust. 

I mentioned before I was severely counseled by the elders in my hall  a few years ago when I grew a beard.I was told I could  not go in door to door  service with a beard. The Circuit Overseer cleared that up and let me. I ended up shaving it off to keep the peace. Some in the hall were so put out by my beard  , that they told me that when my mother was ressurected they were going to tell her how bad i was being. yes. Some are annoyed. 

The ones that told me that...I love them dearly. They were only going by what they knew and they meant well. I am in a hall that is very old and is multi -generations of familys worshiping Jehovah, and we at time  speak to each  other as if fleshy  related. Thus the reason this lastest adjustment is such a relief for me personally. 

Edited by Tsheppar

26 minutes ago, kejedo said:

Looked at an article on folks who have aged badly. The males with beards looked scraggly and older. Our brothers appear neater.  

I will say I now look much older when just a few weeks ago I looked much younger, lol.

Time to play with the beard dye :P

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

A brother was joking around and asked me if it was okay to grow a beard on just half of his face. I told that if he shaved half of his head that his beard would look better...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, kejedo said:

Looked at an article on folks who have aged badly. The males with beards looked scraggly and older. Our brothers appear neater.  

Just for fun, here is a link to before and after photos for beards - scruffy vs groomed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6620961/Amazing-beard-transformations-importance-maintaining-facial-hair.html

Here's my favorite. The trim really brings out his neck tattoo.

IMG_3016.jpeg.143907c4a968c1dfcb280df09bada0af.jpeg

4 hours ago, LeolaRootStew said:

Just for fun, here is a link to before and after photos for beards - scruffy vs groomed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6620961/Amazing-beard-transformations-importance-maintaining-facial-hair.html

Here's my favorite. The trim really brings out his neck tattoo.

IMG_3016.jpeg.143907c4a968c1dfcb280df09bada0af.jpeg

That down arrow draws the eye toward noticing the beard and tat. Otherwise, no one would dare to notice.

On 12/28/2023 at 2:58 AM, Tsheppar said:

Yes. 100 percent . I haven't  heard of them , I know them . There are ones in my hall and neighboring halls that are annoyed . Some are having to adjust. 

I mentioned before I was severely counseled by the elders in my hall  a few years ago when I grew a beard.I was told I could  not go in door to door  service with a beard. The Circuit Overseer cleared that up and let me. I ended up shaving it off to keep the peace. Some in the hall were so put out by my beard  , that they told me that when my mother was ressurected they were going to tell her how bad i was being. yes. Some are annoyed. 

The ones that told me that...I love them dearly. They were only going by what they knew and they meant well. I am in a hall that is very old and is multi -generations of familys worshiping Jehovah, and we at time  speak to each  other as if fleshy  related. Thus the reason this lastest adjustment is such a relief for me personally. 

Glorify God “With One Mouth” — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY (jw.org)

i don't know if you've already posted this article on preferences, but i thought it was excellent

the same thing happened to me last week, an older sister called me a bandit with a beard and said that it wouldn't catch on or be used in the congregation.

I confess that that night I thought about removing the beard and giving way to "mercy" or "giving in", but on second thought I evaluated the article and kept it. 

I think there will be more cases of this in some congregations, what can we do? this week there is a 19m video of brother Lett on beards in local need that according to the letter to the elders should be shown.

If even after this video, now in the congregation, there are still difficulties for some to accept, we will have to have mercy and call for a private conversation.I believe that only after that, if there is a bad attitude on the part of some who don't want to accept, should we do a local need and then take note of those who are unruly, after all, we need to cherish unity in the congregation.

3 minutes ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

i don't know if you've already posted this article on preferences, but i thought it was excellent

the same thing happened to me last week, an older sister called me a bandit with a beard and said that it wouldn't catch on or be used in the congregation.

I confess that that night I thought about removing the beard and giving way to "mercy" or "giving in", but on second thought I evaluated the article and kept it. 

I think there will be more cases of this in some congregations, what can we do? this week there is a 19m video of brother Lett on beards in local need that according to the letter to the elders should be shown.

If even after this video, now in the congregation, there are still difficulties for some to accept, we will have to have mercy and call for a private conversation.I believe that only after that, if there is a bad attitude on the part of some who don't want to accept, should we do a local need and then take note of those who are unruly, after all, we need to cherish unity in the congregation.

I think that a loving Christian would not call a brother a "bandit", just because of a beard. That was wrong and unkind. 🤨

Forgive her and pray that she catches up to Jehovah’s chariot.

7 minutes ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

In many instances we can bow to someone's weaker conscience, but in this instance we have very clear direction that we cannot tell someone that they should or should not have a beard. She is clearly in the wrong (unless she is deriding a beard looking unkempt rather than simply having one).

I would wait until the video is officially shown, though, because she might not have seen it. After that, anyone who continues with that attitude would need to be taken aside and readjusted.