JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

9 hours ago, Hope said:

ah...

What scriptures led you to this conclusion? And where may I research in our publications further on your conclusions ? 

🤣 "Ah" just cracked me up. Next time I'm out in service in the rural territory and  the conversation gets boring and then I say one of my wild theorys of paradise,and then get chastised from a fellow in the faith for its speculatorial nature and then the correct view for which I didn't know is brought forth to me -

Im just gonna say...

Ah...

Edited by Tsheppar

1 hour ago, Tsheppar said:

Seriously though...I just watched the video and I think the man may have a point that beard oil is for longer beards and beard balm is for shorter beards.  

I have both ! I didn't know what they were for. Good tips Zause😁r

I was on the verge of getting beard oil when that video popped up! Since it was the same guy as the last one I gave it a watch…

I got beard oil that is nothing more than a natural oil blend with no additives (jojoba, etc) and this is key: Don’t put it on a dirty face. I put it on after my shower at night while slightly damp and not just on top, but massaged upwards to the skin/roots especially where my hair was thickest. It’s not just for the beard as it might seem, but for your skin as Hope mentioned, I was noticeably relieved of itching or irritation during the day, especially while it’s in this crucial semi stubble stage before getting long enough to hold it’s own, and the last thing you want is breakouts or ingrown hairs. Of course it goes without saying to wash your face gently and thoroughly every day. I also gently brushed to keep all hairs lifted if any were so inclined inward. It’s not like a man who lets his hair grow from youth and therefore has soft ends; ours has unnaturally sharp ends from being shaved.

Edited by JonE

28 minutes ago, JonE said:

I got beard oil that is nothing more than a natural oil blend with no additives (jojoba, etc) and this is key: Don’t put it on a dirty face. I put it on after my shower at night while slightly damp and not just on top, but massaged upwards to the skin/roots especially where my hair was thickest. It’s not just for the beard as it might seem, but for your skin as Hope mentioned, I was noticeably relieved of itching or irritation during the day, especially while it’s in this crucial semi stubble stage before getting long enough to hold it’s own, and the last thing you want is breakouts or ingrown hairs. Of course it goes without saying to wash your face gently and thoroughly every day. I also gently brushed to keep all hairs lifted if any were so inclined inward. It’s not like a man who lets his hair grow from youth and therefore has soft ends; ours has unnaturally sharp ends from being shaved.

There needs to be a JW Broadcasting segment on this! 🤣

Did you find the oil also helped with any beard dandruff? My face has been incredibly itchy and yesterday when I wore a black sweater I noticed dandruff coming from my beard!

This beard stuff is a brand new world lol! I feel like I’m 15 again and learning how to shave for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Cheeks said:

Did you find the oil also helped with any beard dandruff?

Yes! 

6 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

6 hours ago, zauser said:
There needs to be a JW Broadcasting segment on this! emoji1787.png

I see it now.
A new series entitled:
'How to care for your beard.'
(...as a mother cares for her young.)

I saw a JW meme going around, “Young People Ask: Why is my beard so patchy?”

3 hours ago, Pabo said:

Matt 10:30 - "But even the hairs of your head are all numbered."

Does that include beard hair, as it is "of your head" ? 🤔

So glad we’re getting into the deeper spiritual truths 😅

13 minutes ago, Cheeks said:

beard dandruff?

https://www.buoyhealth.com/blog/skincare/best-beard-oil-dandruff

Suavecito Premium Blends Beard Oil

The Organic Argan Oil softens and manages your beard, eliminating dandruff. The Whiskey Bar scent is subtly pleasant for daily use. Its lightweight, non-greasy formula is perfect for sensitive skin, promoting healthy beard growth. Some may find the gel-like consistency less appealing, but it's a top choice overall.

Spoiler

image.png.01b6759a8dfd3dcd8df63369d73d3775.png

Edited by Imagine

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

10 hours ago, Pabo said:

A thought just popped into mind:

Matt 10:30 - "But even the hairs of your head are all numbered."

Does that include beard hair, as it is "of your head" ? 🤔

Now our brothers who are follicle-challenged can feel good about that scripture again. Nearly all of them can have hair on their head face! :D 

This beard thing is a cover ... you know that right? The more brothers who grow beards the more hiding places we have for spiritual food during the GT ... we could hide SD cards in some beards.  Or miniature books like brother Losch did. Just keep that quiet though ... just tween us ok?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

On 1/6/2024 at 10:46 AM, Hope said:

Now our brothers who are follicle-challenged can feel good about that scripture again. Nearly all of them can have hair on their head face! :D 

Yeah my brother is one of those ... no matter long he rubs his chin ... he will get just one lonely whisker.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I like beards, my husband has one ( he isn't a witness) but when he does come to meetings he's always self concious about it and felt bad so it's nice he won't have to worry. The funniest part is how different all the brothers look with beards, like I've known some of these men my whole life and never seen the vast majority of them with beards. I visited a different congregation this weekend, it was alot hairier that's for sure 🤣

4 hours ago, GoldAussieGirl said:

I like beards, my husband has one ( he isn't a witness) but when he does come to meetings he's always self concious about it and felt bad so it's nice he won't have to worry. The funniest part is how different all the brothers look with beards, like I've known some of these men my whole life and never seen the vast majority of them with beards. I visited a different congregation this weekend, it was alot hairier that's for sure 🤣

I was having the exact opposite experience at my meeting. I was thinking how all of the brothers looked the exact same with beards as they did without. :shrugs:

31 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

I was having the exact opposite experience at my meeting. I was thinking how all of the brothers looked the exact same with beards as they did without. :shrugs:

It wasn't meant as negative in any way, not sure if that's the way you took it? I think the beards are great! But I think beards can make a big difference to way one looks  😀 

Edited by GoldAussieGirl

3 minutes ago, GoldAussieGirl said:

It wasn't meant as negative in any way, not sure if that's the way you took it? I think the beards are great! But I think beards can make a big difference to way one looks  😀 

no, no, I didn't take it as negative. 😅💜

I'm just surprised that I haven't had to do a double-take on anyone with a bead - it's like they've always had them. 

21 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

no, no, I didn't take it as negative. 😅💜

I'm just surprised that I haven't had to do a double-take on anyone with a bead - it's like they've always had them. 

I feel the same way. I'm barely noticing the beards in the congregation. 

Yesterday we attended a memorial for a sister and many of her friends and family came from other congregations in the area, most of the men were wearing beards and it seemed normal, I barely noticed.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D