JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pope approves blessings for same-sex couples if they don't resemble marriage

From the Canadian Press, this is the first paragraph of the article: 

"ROME (AP) — Pope Francis has formally approved allowing priests to bless same-sex couples, with a new document explaining a radical change in Vatican policy by insisting that people seeking God’s love and mercy shouldn’t be subject to “an exhaustive moral analysis” to receive it."

Source Link:Pope approves blessings for same-sex couples if they don't resemble marriage (msn.com)

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

Thanks for the link.
I could not get on to the MSN site.
I did find another one (see below).
To quote part:
"In a statement DeBernardo said that the pope's words implied "that the church does indeed recognise that holy love can exist between same-gender couples, and the love of these couples mirrors the love of God"."

https://www.reuters.com/world/vatican-approves-blessings-same-sex-couples-under-certain-conditions-2023-12-18/

Old (Downunder) Tone

It looks like the Pope is making a BIG change for the Catholic church - https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/18/europe/pope-francis-same-sex-couples-blessing-intl/index.html

There is another news article.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, SheyZ said:

Now I read this from People Magazine.

This article is from 2021

Vatican Says Church Can't Bless Same-Sex Unions Despite Pope's Previous Support: 'Disappointing'

The statement, which was endorsed by Pope Francis, said God "cannot bless sin"

Published on March 15, 2021 

This is the latest news from the Vatican

image.thumb.png.1700cc389646a8da78fea2ed5c1bdd8b.png

Edited by Imagine

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

It looks like the Pope is making a BIG change for the Catholic church

It's in the Declaration "Fiducia Supplicans" On the Pastoral Meaning of Blessings that was released today, in particular Section III: 'Blessings of Couples in Irregular Situations and of Couples of the Same Sex', paragraphs 31 to 41.

https://press.vatican.va/content/salastampa/it/bollettino/pubblico/2023/12/18/0901/01963.html#en