JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Board games for JW's (no magic, spiritism or violence)

New World Explorer

In the prehistoric past, you try to save extinct and endangered species from their final extinction. So you do nothing less than change the course of history! You can cleverly combine card skills to save the animals from the threatening comet.

The basic techniques and rules of the game are quickly learned. However, this does not mean that Comet is quickly mastered! Each game presents a new challenge as you must cleverly adapt to your opponent's actions in order to win. (I will be playing this board game this Friday ☺️

download (3).jpeg

download (4).jpeg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2024 at 12:34 AM, New World Explorer said:

Another fantastic board game for all! Meadow and Downstream Expansion. 

Art is simply beautiful.  

download (1).jpeg

download.jpeg

images (1).jpeg

Just got this game and played it with my  brother and I really liked it   the cards are beautiful to look at thanks for the recommendation 

1 hour ago, MCTDonna said:

Just got this game and played it with my  brother and I really liked it   the cards are beautiful to look at thanks for the recommendation 

I am glad you like it, yes the art is beautiful and I recommend Downstream expansion. I have both and play with brothers and sisters and family. It’s refreshing to have clean entertainment among so many boardgames that contain magic, violence and other things. Thanks for letting me know that you have enjoyed it. Another strong recommendation is the boardgame called Harmonies. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

There are so many good boardgames out there nowadays that it's hard to limit oneself to just a few recomendations, but I will try.

Wingspan is quite popular among my friends, and has a nice balance between being complex enough to be interesting and allow for several strategies, while not being too overwhelming.

For a quick, simple family game, Kingdomino is a fun and cutesy option. Be aware that for those with a sensitive conscience in regards to fairytale creatures, the illustrations of a few tiles contain shadows of a dragon, nessie and such. It is not a focus of the game by any means, but best to know before buying i guess.

And for those guests that just havent really played any boardgames other than monopoly and parcheesi, partners is a safe bet in most cases. (if you are exactly 4 players that is.)

8 hours ago, Baldeshazzar said:

There are so many good boardgames out there nowadays that it's hard to limit oneself to just a few recomendations, but I will try.

Wingspan is quite popular among my friends, and has a nice balance between being complex enough to be interesting and allow for several strategies, while not being too overwhelming.

Yes, I have Wingspan with Oceania and European expansion. (Rising Robots is fun as well and similar to Wingspan) 

Raising Robots is a competitive, simultaneously played, engine-building game.

In Raising Robots, you are a famous inventor seeking to assemble the greatest collection of robots. Each round, you simultaneously choose and perform two or more actions: upgrade, assemble, design, fabricate, recycle. Every action will be performed with a variable amount of power to make the action better or worse. However, the most powerful actions will also help your opponents.

Whoever has the most points after eight rounds wins.https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/366683/raising-robots

pic7366753.webp

Sparks! 

This robot factory needs you! With the assistance of your trusty animal companions, mechanical marvels will soon start rolling off your assembly line. Then you just need to add some spark to bring those robots alive.

Explore the junkyard to gather dice for constructing robots or upgrading your factory. Keep a keen eye on your lineup of charming animal aides - they're the cornerstone of your winning strategy.

pic8142784.webp

• 3 weeks later...

Kavango: Build and protect your Nature Reserve by drafting cards and completing research.

Travel to the vast wildernesses of Southern Africa and step into the role of a Conservation Expert. Embark on a re-wilding journey as you transform your own unique landscape into a thriving nature reserve. Over three fast-paced rounds of simultaneous turns and card drafting, you will build a flourishing ecosystem.

As you grow your nature reserve, you must complete research tasks to earn money to invest in protection and provide a haven for vulnerable and endangered animals.

As the game progresses, your choices become harder and your strategy more complex as you aim to build the highest scoring nature reserve.

kavango-no-overlay_770x.progressive.webp

On 12/19/2023 at 6:06 PM, bobby said:

Catan i have not played in a ling time 

There is New Catan available now. 

CATAN – New Energies is a brand new standalone game that is rooted in classic CATAN mechanics of harvesting, trading, and building. New gameplay elements including power plants, energy tokens, and environmental events add new strategies and stories to a familiar foundation. 

CATAN-NewEnergies_BaseGame_5_696x.progressive.webp

7.png

8.png

CATAN – New Energies Box Base.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2024 at 12:59 PM, trottigy said:

I want to learn how to play GO after watching all these Chinese TV shows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)

webp

After learning about Hikaru no Go (manga/anime) (main plot is some ancient ghost possesses a boy's body to become the best Go player) YEARS ago i got interested into Go and started to dabble in it. This website may br able to help you. 

https://online-go.com/

Edit: if you do get into it let me know and we can have a few rounds. Im still a noob

Edited by Ostria