JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Knowledge that can be reused in the new world

What knowledge do we have today that you think could be useful in the new world, especially at the time of post-armageddon establishment?

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

Electrical - Removing solar panels from homes,. assuming Jehovah spares them during armageddon, and putting them on the kingdom hall and any other buildings needed to organize the cleanup work

Telecommunications - Reestablishing contact with CO's, the branch, headquarters so that Jehovah can demonstrate that he is a God of order and organize the cleanup work worldwide using His organization.

Administration - Organizing local groups, utilizing skill sets, proper documentation, training, ect...

Those are three I can think of.

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

All of it?

I refer to the most urgent ones. If we consider it in theory, nothing is lost, but some we know are more urgent than others.

1 hour ago, coolbrz731 said:

Electrical - Removing solar panels from homes,. assuming Jehovah spares them during armageddon, and putting them on the kingdom hall and any other buildings needed to organize the cleanup work

Telecommunications - Reestablishing contact with CO's, the branch, headquarters so that Jehovah can demonstrate that he is a God of order and organize the cleanup work worldwide using His organization.

Administration - Organizing local groups, utilizing skill sets, proper documentation, training, ect...

Those are three I can think of.

I think electric ones will be the most useful at first too. Nowadays, everything is electric, so I think it would be good to go straight to electricity.

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

I look forward to knowledge that is no longer used or known to such as cooking. There is so much "lost" knowledge, not really lost, just no longer used. For instance I would love to learn how to make my own shoes, skates and other clothing items. My wife is a sewer, seamstress, knitter so that would be her focus of interest. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

14 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

I look forward to knowledge that is no longer used or known to such as cooking. There is so much "lost" knowledge, not really lost, just no longer used. For instance I would love to learn how to make my own shoes, skates and other clothing items. My wife is a sewer, seamstress, knitter so that would be her focus of interest. 

That's what I wanted to say, I feel like I expressed myself badly. But I love clothes, especially good quality. In paradise my brother, who knows if we don't get together to learn how to make shoes? It would be interesting .

4 minutes ago, Sete said:

who knows if we don't get together to learn how to make shoes? It would be interesting .

Exactly. There are so many items that are made by factories that we take for granted. I love skating. So, I guess that means learning a new craft. But there will be people who have the knowledge to teach that information to us. I look forward to being a lifetime student of learning, knowing time is not against me!

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

2 minutes ago, Dages said:

Everything related to agriculture 

Manure may not be a problem for awhile...:whistling:

Jeremiah 25:33

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Sete said:

I refer to the most urgent ones. If we consider it in theory, nothing is lost, but some we know are more urgent than others.

That'd be the knowledge of language - how to read, write, listen, and speak. If such knowledge is lost, communication among GT survivors would not be possible. 

Edited by Prism