JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4313 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Today on our local news. a man was accused of throwing a puppy against a wall and beat it. not to mention other horrible acts..

I am so glad Jehovah will rid mean senseless people of the earth. It saddens me when you hear about the animals being hurt.

or the Black Rhino is killed for its horn..At no time do people think how would they like to be treated themselves the way they treat other humans or poor little

creatures.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Today on our local news. a man was accused of throwing a puppy against a wall and beat it. not to mention other horrible acts..

I am so glad Jehovah will rid mean senseless people of the earth. It saddens me when you hear about the animals being hurt.

or the Black Rhino is killed for its horn..At no time do people think how would they like to be treated themselves the way they treat other humans or poor little

creatures.

You could be more sadden if you were to visit Liberia. Animals are not respected here. They do not have rights. They can be treated anyhow and be killed any time. It sounds funny to any native Liberian to talk about respecting animals

creatures.

You could be more sadden if you were to visit Liberia. Animals are not respected here. They do not have rights. They can be treated anyhow and be killed any time. It sounds funny to any native Liberian to talk about respecting animals

There is no balance in the world at all today. You have those who go to the extreme either way: those who abuse and neglect their animals (which makes me physically ill to think about...I can't even watch the rescue programs on tv), and those who place them above all else with diamond collars, leaving millions of dollars to them, etc. This whole system is soooo messed up. (BTW, I love my boxer, Riley, who happens to be lying on his big pillow next to me right now. But he ain't in my will!)

Hi Lisa,

I feel exactly as you do. Can't watch any of those programs. I can't even watch the SPCA commercial--so heart-wrenching.

(Note to all here:

I hope no one will post any awful horror stories about animal abuse....We animals lovers can't bear it. We know it happens, but we just don't want to read about it.)

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

Mahatma Gandhi quotes “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

Is it bad to discipline your dog corporally for peeing?
Probably so since they forget they did it about a minute after they pee! :tongue:
Yeah, you have to catch them in the act or forget it. My little baby has the hang of it now :yes:

113716=6237-Zoey.JPG :crush:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I'm working on fattening him up and Debbie is always trying to get him to loose wait - HHHMMMMMMM :S or should that be mmmmmmmmmm :eat:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Dogs can only be disciplined if you catch them doing it. If they pee in your house while you are gone, then when you get home, it's too late to discipline the dog. It needs to be done while they are misbehaving, not several hours later.

And there is no reason to ever hit a dog. With proper training, dog's will and can learn to go outside. Young puppies will have accidents in the house, that is normal. Older dogs with health issues may have an accident in the house, again that is normal.

When training dogs to pee outside, expect some accidents in the house for a while, especially with puppies.

Dogs can only be disciplined if you catch them doing it. If they pee in your house while you are gone, then when you get home, it's too late to discipline the dog. It needs to be done while they are misbehaving, not several hours later.

And there is no reason to ever hit a dog. With proper training, dog's will and can learn to go outside. Young puppies will have accidents in the house, that is normal. Older dogs with health issues may have an accident in the house, again that is normal.

When training dogs to pee outside, expect some accidents in the house for a while, especially with puppies.

I agree. Thank you for settling a disagreement.

I agree. Thank you for settling a disagreement.

Yes, everybody just smile and back away! :scared:

One of my neighbours has a pit bull and leaves it out in the garden all day when he is at work, the

poor dog barks from about 8am till 6pm when his owner gets home.

I tried to talk to the owner and he told me to "GO away".

We cant get any peace, but the dog is just left there all day with nothing to do.

One of my neighbours has a pit bull and leaves it out in the garden all day when he is at work, the

poor dog barks from about 8am till 6pm when his owner gets home.

I tried to talk to the owner and he told me to "GO away".

We cant get any peace, but the dog is just left there all day with nothing to do.

This might sound crazy, but have you tried feeding it? The quickest way to a dogs heart - FOOD!! or is that a man.

Anyway - same thing :wave::)

Soon .....

We have some Brothers from Las Vegas in our hall tonight.

Dont know what congregation they are in.

Josh is the name of the younger son, forget their surname.

But yes i throw it over a pork chop every now and then.

But it still barks. It has a kennel, but i tried talking to the owner but he dont really care.

We have some Brothers from Las Vegas in our hall tonight.

Dont know what congregation they are in.

Josh is the name of the younger son, forget their surname.

But yes i throw it over a pork chop every now and then.

But it still barks. It has a kennel, but i tried talking to the owner but he dont really care.

I called the police on my neighbor about 12 times until finally I drug a policeman into my bedroom at 1 am and made him listen to what I listened to all night long....he gave him an $80 fine and the guy got rid of the dog.

I'm working on fattening him up and Debbie is always trying to get him to loose wait - HHHMMMMMMM :S or should that be mmmmmmmmmm :eat:

[angrysmiley] tsk, tsk!!

What?? His signature shows that even the Watchtower says we should lead our life like Armageddon will come tomorrow. :innocent: