JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Taste of childhood - what dish would you eat every day?

Taste of childhood - what dish would you eat every day? The taste of childhood - this phrase can be heard from people who adore dishes prepared by their mother or something that you have loved throughout your life and are ready to eat every day. This dish will not make you pass by and will remind you of wonderful memories from your distant childhood. Your smile on your face and joy in your heart cannot be hidden. You're just happy! 🥰 (Ecclesiastes 10:19) 🥰

Edited by Andrey

Ecclesiastes 10:19: Bread is made for laughter, and wine makes life enjoyable; but money answers every need.

When I pointed out this verse from the Bible, I meant the first part, I did not hint about wine. Although, if you are used to drinking wine since childhood and your beloved parents spoiled you with it, and you are a gourmet in this matter, you can safely write. 🤣🤣🤣 :dance:

8 hours ago, Andrey said:

Ecclesiastes 10:19: Bread is made for laughter, and wine makes life enjoyable; but money answers every need.

When I pointed out this verse from the Bible, I meant the first part, I did not hint about wine. Although, if you are used to drinking wine since childhood and your beloved parents spoiled you with it, and you are a gourmet in this matter, you can safely write. 🤣🤣🤣 :dance:

Mom's Jollof and fried rice.... can never go wrong. 

My childhood. Not so grand.

Today? Grand. I could live on fresh fruits, good bread, nuts, and anything with lots of milk fat in it! 
(Iʼve been told, “cows milk is for creatures that are not to bright, and end up weighting 3000 pounds. I dont know about the weight thing, but being mentally,”bright”, i want to know whose opinion it is!)

Edited by Miss Bea

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

40 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

Mon enfance. Pas si grandiose.

Aujourd'hui? Grandiose. Je pourrais vivre de fruits frais, de bon pain, de noix et de tout ce qui contient beaucoup de matière grasse laitière ! 
(On m'a dit : « Le lait de vache est destiné aux créatures qui ne sont pas trop brillantes et qui finissent par peser 3 000 livres. Je ne connais pas le poids, mais étant mentalement « brillant », je veux savoir de qui est l'opinion !)

❤️ Bread, cheese: we can then sit down at the table. Wait to taste my bread my darling sister, cheese will wait

Of course, there may not be meat in the future (not the real kind anyway). The dishes our brothers portray into the future with fruit salad, vegetables and of course bread, always look very appetising. Also, the varied ways that our brothers and sisters around the world prepare their meals makes for a great variety.

Could there be foods we do not yet have in our diets?  Plants of various types that are not yet understood as food?

Maybe more of the plants in the oceans?

53 minutes ago, Andrey said:

Dear brothers and sisters, gourmets of meat dishes and delicacies, order from me, I will quietly carry it in my pants and under my shirt to the New World! First money, then orders. 🤣 🤣 🤣

The Bible announces that all the meat smuggled will end up in the beaks of birds since we know that for a while yet, at the entrance to the New World, some will eat meat and these have a beak and wings. It's not about bipeds...

1 hour ago, Mike047 said:

Of course, there may not be meat in the future (not the real kind anyway). The dishes our brothers portray into the future with fruit salad, vegetables and of course bread, always look very appetising. Also, the varied ways that our brothers and sisters around the world prepare their meals makes for a great variety.

Could there be foods we do not yet have in our diets?  Plants of various types that are not yet understood as food?

Maybe more of the plants in the oceans?

Please don't say that about the meat. There shall be meat. There has to be meat. So help me God! 🫠

On 04/02/2024 at 04:40, Andrey said:

Taste of childhood - what dish would you eat every day? The taste of childhood - this phrase can be heard from people who adore dishes prepared by their mother or something that you have loved throughout your life and are ready to eat every day. This dish will not make you pass by and will remind you of wonderful memories from your distant childhood. Your smile on your face and joy in your heart cannot be hidden. You're just happy! 🥰 (Ecclesiastes 10:19) 🥰

I think I could eat carrot cake with chocolate cover forever. My mom used to do it, and as we're witnesses, I think I'll eat it forever. 

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

Water. Good, fresh well water ... not the water that tastes of chlorine or plastic bottles ... OH! Wait!! ... I do have that every day - and still from the same well!

Now about meat in the NS ... I have heard one who think these scriptures will apply to how life will be in the NS

Isaiah 25:7, 8

7 In this mountain he will do away with the shroud that is enveloping all the peoples

And the covering that is woven over all the nations.

8 He will swallow up death forever, And the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will wipe away the tears from all faces.

The reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, For Jehovah himself has spoken it.

Well, the verse right before this states:

Isaiah 25:6

In this mountain Jehovah of armies will make for all the peoples

A banquet of rich dishes,

A banquet of fine wine,

Of rich dishes filled with marrow,

Of fine, filtered wine.

Doesn't marrow come from animals/meat/bones ??

If we are to have marrow, what will we do with the meat from the animal the marrow came from?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Water. Good, fresh well water ... not the water that tastes of chlorine or plastic bottles ... OH! Wait!! ... I do have that every day - and still from the same well!

Now about meat in the NS ... I have heard one who think these scriptures will apply to how life will be in the NS

7 In this mountain he will do away with the shroud that is enveloping all the peoples

8 He will swallow up death forever, And the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will wipe away the tears from all faces.

The reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, For Jehovah himself has spoken it.

A banquet of fine wine,

Of fine, filtered wine.

If we are to have marrow, what will we do with the meat from the animal the marrow came from?

This was the exact same verse I always used in my defense when ones would adamantly assert that we won't be eating meat in the new system. I'd be like: the verse speaks of well-oiled dishes filed with marrow. Some would argue that it was merely figurative. People believe what they want to believe, I guess. 

4 hours ago, ChrisW said:

This may sound weird but being from the south, I'm going to to have to say a bowl of grits with lots of butter and scrambled eggs with toast.  That's my comfort food right there. 🙂

Scrambled eggs and FRENCH toast anyday...

Edited by truce

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

A banquet of fine wine,

Of fine, filtered wine.

Yep.  We can't pick and choose what verses are literal and which are figurative.  Especially from the same passage... :whistling:

Meat now.  Meat foh-evah!

On 2/6/2024 at 9:56 AM, Qapla said:

Marrow is a type of vegetable, similar to a courgette, zuchinni depending on where on earth you live.

I remember my study conductor too was confused by this as well and did extension research at the time.

Whereas bone marrow is where the blood cells are created in the body, and some feel that due to this, they will not eat the marrow from the bone.

Will there be meat in the new system?

We just don't know!

Edited by Pabo

1 hour ago, Pabo said:

Marrow is a type of vegetable, similar to a courgette, zuchinni depending on where on earth you live.

I remember my study conductor too was confused by this as well and did extension research at the time.

Whereas bone marrow is where the blood cells are created in the body, and some feel that due to this, they will not eat the marrow from the bone.

Will there be meat in the new system?

We just don't know!

Based on the context of the scripture, "well-oiled dishes, filled with marrow", it's more likely talking about a meat-based meal, not a zucchini.

Besides, marrow are grown in the British Isles, not the Middle East. It's okay to have meat dishes. No need to turn oneself inside out to make everything fit the vegetarian theory of the Paradise.  🤓

Edited by Hope