JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Atlantic Current is breaking down.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/25/world/gulf-stream-atlantic-current-collapse-climate-scn-intl/index.html

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jul/25/gulf-stream-could-collapse-as-early-as-2025-study-suggests

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-66289494

I'm old enough to remember when The Day After Tomorrow was a sci-fi movie.

I know this seems weird, coming from me, but Climate Change is the only aspect of the Last Days to still give me existential dread. Politics is a joke, poverty and crime are things people can recover from, and things that the Cong helps with, when times are hard for our brothers.

Climate Change is the one aspect of the time that still gets me low enough to think "It's not coming. The Bible is a fairy tale after all." Never for long, but it's the battleground I'm fighting on.

If Paradise doesn't come, then the long range forecast is: We're all gonna die. And the last man to starve/freeze/thirst will look back on our legacy and say: "At least we made profits for a few shareholders."

Of course, the reverse is also true. I've always believed that the 'Sovereignty' issue is answered when the Earth gets to the point where our extinction is inevitable. If the System hasn't ended yet, then we aren't at the point of no return yet. Verses like the 'four winds' in Revelation tells me that Jah is counting down the seconds. Jesus even said 'If those days lasted, no flesh would be saved.' When I was younger, I thought that was talking about GT, but in truth, it applies to the Last Days as well.

Bro. Russell wrote about these days in 1883.  He talk about the deluge that changed the weather and shortened the life span of humanity. 

He wrote about climate change intermingled with the social, political, financial and religious troubles of our times.  We should expect these things to happen at the close of this system of things and at the threshold of the new world.

So if anybody remembers the cover of the WT No. 2 2021 that we will be using this September "A Better World is Near" take a good look at the cover page.

Threshold of the New World.  We are at the door, ready to walk into the New World.

Don't forget the Jehovah promises to 'bring ruin to those ruining the Earth' Rev 11:18. Even though climate change is a concern for all of us, we also know that Jehovah will never allow mankind to destroy all life on the earth, for he made it to last forever. (Psalm 104:5)

In any case, might be a good idea to limit intake of worldly news, which tends to exaggerate and sensationalize things half the time, but doesn't take into account God's view of matters.

Sent from my Power Armor 13 using Tapatalk