JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sandusky Found Guilty On 45 of 48 Charges

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4322 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Though Friday night's verdict prompted cheers outside the courtroom, inside, the mother of Victim 6 did not claim victory.

"Nobody wins. We've all lost," she said before hugging her son.[//Quote]

I think his future victims won,he was never going to stop .

What bothers a lot of people is the fact that "no one would believe a child." At least one of these young men went to the police with his mother on 1998 at age 11, and it got swept under the rug. So sad that it took all this time and ruined those young boys lives. But what about the school officials, didn't they have a responsibility to report this to the authorities??:perplexed:

I don't get it. What does this guy have to do with us? Is this the same guy in the other topic who is causing our organization a possible 20 million dollars because he molested a child? Man people are sickkk!

Rev 22:20 "He that bears witness of these things says, 'Yes; I am coming quickly.'" "Amen! Come, Lord Jesus."

I don't get it. What does this guy have to do with us? Is this the same guy in the other topic who is causing our organization a possible 20 million dollars because he molested a child? Man people are sickkk!

Rev 22:20 "He that bears witness of these things says, 'Yes; I am coming quickly.'" "Amen! Come, Lord Jesus."

This is the general news section.......Jerry Sandusky was a Penn State Coach who sexually abused dozens of boys, it's been in the news around my area everyday for several months.

The $20 million case involved allegations of sexual abuse between a male member of the congregation and a young girl.

Another sexual abuse case involved the Catholic church and they lost that case Friday,setting a precident for holding leaders responsible when such things are not reported properly.Which in the end may involve the Sandusky case because the University president and a few others may fall under that ruling.

I have seen alot of non-religion related news articles in the News section.I don't think it has to have a religious connection,just be general news.

Yes, any news item is acceptable. This way we all stay informed of current events. This helps us out in our ministry, because we know what is on everyone's mind.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Believe it or not, I use this in service especially with the May Awake! on Justice. Lots of placements. :)

What bothers a lot of people is the fact that "no one would believe a child." At least one of these young men went to the police with his mother on 1998 at age 11, and it got swept under the rug. So sad that it took all this time and ruined those young boys lives. But what about the school officials, didn't they have a responsibility to report this to the authorities??:perplexed:

Even if the school officials took it to the police, I am sure it would have been swept under the rug as well. I can only speculate what I would have done if it happened to my 2 boys. Tsk tsk tsk... Least he would have had the hope for resurrection. :pistols:

Hopefully he is in jail or an insane asylum for the rest of his life. Which is too good for him in reality. But what about the people who knew about it and did nothing? At least one of the coaches saw it and only reported it to another coach, and from the stories ive heard in the news it seems in this case impossible that his wife did not know. Anyone who covered it up belongs in jail with him.

Believe it or not, I use this in service especially with the May Awake! on Justice. Lots of placements

Ahem....I am glad you are having success Micah, but I would hesitate before using this in F/Service right now. If they have read the papers they will know that our own organization has been taken to the cleaners for allegations of not disclosing child abuse.

I can just imagine them telling about "pots calling the kettle black"!...........Just saying, that is..

Believe it or not, I use this in service especially with the May Awake! on Justice. Lots of placements

Ahem....I am glad you are having success Micah, but I would hesitate before using this in F/Service right now. If they have read the papers they will know that our own organization has been taken to the cleaners for allegations of not disclosing child abuse.

I can just imagine them telling about "pots calling the kettle black"!...........Just saying, that is..

I sorta agree with you Daniel. In our area we recently have had a case where a Neighborhood Watch man shot and killed a teenager. There were (and I think still are) many racial arguments over this case, including the fact that the NW man's wife committed perjury and was arrested for this. Many people in this area cry out for "justice" so this magazine has had a big impact on them. (I have not used the sex abuse with Sandusky when placing.)

My question about Sandusky as compared to the $20,000 suit against Jehovah's Witnesses is this. Why is no one else connected with the Penn State charged, and why isn't Sanduskys religion even revealed?

Cases are still ongoing - as far as Penn State is concerned. There will be plenty of lawsuits out of that case.

As to his religion - I don't know. Did he molest anyone who went to the same church as he did? I thought it was just ones in college and at the charity he was part of?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

and why isn't Sanduskys religion even revealed?

This always gets me too.

Every day, crimes are committed, and I rarely hear that the accused religion is ____________. The moment a JW commit's a crime, their religion is in all the media. All I can say, it has to be Satan making sure people hear when JW commit crimes.

and why isn't Sanduskys religion even revealed?

This always gets me too.

Every day, crimes are committed, and I rarely hear that the accused religion is ____________. The moment a JW commit's a crime, their religion is in all the media. All I can say, it has to be Satan making sure people hear when JW commit crimes.

I can understand religion being brought out when the perpetrator met his victims at the Parish, church , Kingdom Hall etc. thats the connection ,just like the Boy Scouts, Little League, Daycare is brought out when that's where a perpetrator met his victim .

I can understand religion being brought out when the perpetrator met his victims at the Parish, church , Kingdom Hall etc. thats the connection ,just like the Boy Scouts, Little League, Daycare is brought out when that's where a perpetrator met his victim .

Yes, I agree.

And the people who failed to report in the Sandusky case are going to go down hard-core. There will be so many lawsuits against Penn State in the coming months and years it will really put a strain on the school, and rightly so. Even before an investigation began, failure to report reports of Sandusky's activities appropriately led to the firing of the President of the university, a legendary football coach, and other high up administrators. Allowing victims to be abused needlessly is a terrible thing.