JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Tools. what is your favorite, can't get by without?

Something cool to chat about. what can't you live without...

a tyre jack. is handy the one with wheels.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Glue - I glue everything back together - and it works! I also agree with Ron about a hammer!

I tried bringing glue with me everywhere - but it kept getting stuck in my pocket :lol1:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

My smart phone. It is the one tool I carry with me wherever I go - for the most part.

I agree. I love I can put the kingdom/ watchtower on have for the meeting except I accidently cracked the glass and am still in contract til next year,

It is handy with games and coloring for kids like when you go to the Drs they can have a little entertainment while you waiting to be called.

I also discovered a swiss Army Knife that is a handy gadget, I bought myself one its awesome, especially when you buy a wine that has the old cork

and you forget to take a wine opener. Like on a picnic,

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Glue - I glue everything back together - and it works! I also agree with Ron about a hammer!

I tried bringing glue with me everywhere - but it kept getting stuck in my pocket :lol1:

Do you guys get the zip lock lunch bags, maybe you can put the glue in that!

I have found them to be handy especially when you go to the beach or on a boat and you need to protect your phone or pApers you don't want to

get wet. or need to put baby wipes in something, the phone fits perfectly and no sand gets to it,

I have to say they are a great asset in the kitchen. the dishwasher is awesome invention.

oh and a good coffee machine. Hits the right not waking up in the mornings already done.

Ron,

So does that mean when tv gets fuzzy, or smart phone isn't smart, or computer is temperamental you take a hammer to them? I must be doing something wrong. I try sweet talking my appliances and cars and it doesn't work

Lol

Gabe,

what type of phone do you have? If its an iPhone under warranty they will fix or replace it. If not you can fix it yourself. My husband has fixed several screens and trackballs.

• 2 weeks later...

I only have one tool in my tool box.

"A hammer". it is my best friend and the only tool i have ever used.

I take a hammer to something that is broken, and problem solved.

I go and buy a new what ever is broken.

Oh dear, I stumbled upon this topic and just have to confess.....I love tools. I agree with the hammer but a kitchen knife for a screw driver is also handy....come on girls...tell me you don't agree! but my favorite tool is my 5,000 BTU weed burner...well that and the hedge trimmer...oh ok, well the new (free) Honda rototiller...oh goodness how can I forget the electric (plug-in) drill...it never goes out of power.....and....oh, ok I'll be quiet. Did I mention I love tools? I love the tool section at the hardware store too!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 2 weeks later...

HI Luana.

Your mention of your knife reminds me of my favourite knife but it isn't kept in a tool box its in my kitchen drawer. When I was newly married I had such trouble peeling potatoes so my mother in law gave me one of her sharp knives that was already many years old. The blade must have been 6 inches long but hey I soon learnt to peel those spuds as fast as she could. That was back in 1961 and I still peel my vegetables with that knife. The blade has snapped a couple of times because it wore so thin and narrow and is now about two and a half inches. I even take it on holiday if I go self catering. It sure looks disgusting but its been a good friend. There are several better looking ones that friends and family have given me over the years but they just stay looking pretty in the drawer.

• 11 months later...

My Hubby recently Bought me a new Microwave. :thumbsup:  My last we had for 13yrs one of our last wedding Presents.

It grills. It is a combo convection, saves heaps of time,

Definetly a must have gadget.

Tool:  anything used as a means of accomplishing a task or purpose: Education is a tool for success.

I guess I could say my husband is a pretty handy tool.  He is a hard worker, and a good provider.  I just wish he would understand there is NO substitue for time.  

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

duct tape. 

favorite high heels little slippery on bottom? duct tape!

wobbly table leg? duct tape!

ministry bag just got a tear? duct tape!

pet hair on sofa? duct tape!

need to dispose of a dead bug? duct tape!

crack in the garden hose? duct tape!

LOVE duct tape. get rid of your glue and get in touch with your inner MacGyver and get yourself some Duct Tape today (tu)

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Your awesome Renee. Go MacGyver.:D

Never leave home without your pocket knife either.

I Have duct tape also. My favorite quote. .. There's a solution to every problem. :)

yes! pocket knife is good too...

S.A.K. covers all:

tweezers

toothpick

scissors

mini saw

3 blades

corkscrew (Very Important :D)

phillips screwdriver

nail file

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

I think you should add some toilet paper too. It's rough when you run out!

how to fit emergency tissue into my S.A.K.?...

post-3346-0-68263300-1374280726.jpg