JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fried Chicken recipe

4 hours ago, jwmatt said:

Does anyone have a food fried chicken recipe?

try the internet, last time I looked there were hundreds. Take your [ick.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

You can put dill pickle juice in some buttermilk (you can use plain milk) and let the chicken rest in that mixture for 15-45 minutes. Then dredge them in flour or breadcrumbs with whatever seasonings you like. Pan fry till done.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Here's a classic Southern fried chicken recipe:

### Ingredients:

- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces

- 2 cups buttermilk

- 2 cups all-purpose flour

- 1 tablespoon salt

- 1 tablespoon black pepper

- 1 tablespoon paprika

- 1 teaspoon garlic powder

- 1 teaspoon onion powder

- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional for heat)

- Vegetable oil for frying

### Instructions:

1. **Marinate the Chicken**: 

- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl or a resealable plastic bag. Pour the buttermilk over the chicken, ensuring all pieces are well coated. Cover the bowl or seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. This helps tenderize the chicken and enhances flavor.

2. **Prepare the Breading**:

- In a large shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper if using.

3. **Coat the Chicken**:

- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, allowing any excess to drip off. Dredge each piece in the flour mixture, pressing the flour onto the chicken to ensure an even coating. Place the coated chicken on a wire rack and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes. This helps the coating adhere better.

4. **Heat the Oil**:

- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven, pour enough vegetable oil to come about halfway up the sides of the pot. Heat the oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 350°F (175°C). Use a thermometer to maintain the correct temperature.

5. **Fry the Chicken**:

- Carefully place a few pieces of chicken into the hot oil, being careful not to overcrowd the pot. Fry the chicken in batches to avoid lowering the oil temperature. Fry each piece for about 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C).

6. **Drain and Serve**:

- Remove the chicken from the oil and place it on a wire rack set over a baking sheet to drain any excess oil. This helps keep the chicken crispy. Let it rest for a few minutes before serving.

Enjoy your homemade Southern fried chicken with your favorite sides!

5 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Voici une recette classique de poulet frit du Sud :

### Ingrédients:

- 1 poulet entier coupé en morceaux

- 2 tasses de babeurre

- 2 tasses de farine tout usage

- 1 cuillère à soupe de sel

- 1 cuillère à soupe de poivre noir

- 1 cuillère à soupe de paprika

- 1 cuillère à café de poudre d'ail

- 1 cuillère à café de poudre d'oignon

- 1 cuillère à café de poivre de Cayenne (facultatif pour le piquant)

- Huile végétale pour la friture

### Instructions:

1. **Mariner le poulet** : 

- Placer les morceaux de poulet dans un grand bol ou un sac plastique refermable. Versez le babeurre sur le poulet en vous assurant que tous les morceaux sont bien enrobés. Couvrir le bol ou sceller le sac et réfrigérer pendant au moins 4 heures, de préférence toute la nuit. Cela aide à attendrir le poulet et rehausse sa saveur.

2. **Préparez la panure** :

- Dans un grand plat peu profond, mélanger la farine, le sel, le poivre noir, le paprika, la poudre d'ail, la poudre d'oignon et le poivre de Cayenne si vous en utilisez.

3. **Enrober le poulet** :

- Retirez le poulet du babeurre en laissant égoutter l'excédent. Draguez chaque morceau dans le mélange de farine, en pressant la farine sur le poulet pour assurer un enrobage uniforme. Placez le poulet enrobé sur une grille et laissez-le reposer environ 10 à 15 minutes. Cela aide le revêtement à mieux adhérer.

4. **Chauffer l'huile** :

- Dans une grande casserole à fond épais ou une cocotte, versez suffisamment d'huile végétale jusqu'à mi-hauteur des parois de la casserole. Chauffer l'huile à feu moyen-vif jusqu'à ce qu'elle atteigne 350°F (175°C). Utilisez un thermomètre pour maintenir la bonne température.

5. **Faire frire le poulet** :

- Placez délicatement quelques morceaux de poulet dans l'huile chaude, en prenant soin de ne pas surcharger la marmite. Faites frire le poulet par lots pour éviter d'abaisser la température de l'huile. Faites frire chaque morceau pendant environ 12 à 15 minutes, en les retournant de temps en temps, jusqu'à ce que le poulet soit doré et bien cuit. La température interne doit atteindre 165°F (74°C).

6. **Égoutter et servir** :

- Retirez le poulet de l'huile et placez-le sur une grille posée sur une plaque à pâtisserie pour égoutter tout excès d'huile. Cela aide à garder le poulet croustillant. Laissez reposer quelques minutes avant de servir.

Savourez votre poulet frit du Sud fait maison avec vos accompagnements préférés !

Usually, when I read you, brother Daniel, it's to learn things about the Great Tribulation  that is going to take over the world. Today I'm enjoying the GT recipe which comes across a little chicken who has the bad idea of going that way, and who will end his life in a saucepan or in an oven. We must take advantage of it because one day which is coming very very quickly, and from what we apparently know, the chickens will no longer have anything to fear, they will no longer end up roasted. Thank you for this recipe which looks tasty.😊

On 5/22/2024 at 8:03 PM, Dolce vita said:

Usually, when I read you, brother Daniel, it's to learn things about the Great Tribulation  that is going to take over the world. Today I'm enjoying the GT recipe which comes across a little chicken who has the bad idea of going that way, and who will end his life in a saucepan or in an oven. We must take advantage of it because one day which is coming very very quickly, and from what we apparently know, the chickens will no longer have anything to fear, they will no longer end up roasted. Thank you for this recipe which looks tasty.😊

I wouldn't count your chickens as yet, we may still eat meat. We are not there yet, and "we don't know".

1 hour ago, Pabo said:

I wouldn't count your chickens as yet, we may still eat meat. We are not there yet, and "we don't know".

I want to dream with you, brother Jason, that's why I wrote ' what we apparently know'. However, when I take a look at the garnished tables of the NW, as they are presented to us in the videos or other illustrations, I always look out for the chicken leg sticking out. At worst I look for fish, after all they swarm in the sea, they could end up on our plates. But for now: no chicken thigh, lamb shoulder or fish bone on the table. But it is true, we never show behind the scenes of the kitchen. Maybe they're still roasting in the oven. Let's hope together !

• carlos changed the title to Fried Chicken recipe