JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pastor dances with venomous snakes

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4300 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Spiritism at it's worst and endangering peoples lives. :tsk:

I had to pray over and over again to get a video of people exorcizing demons and speaking in tongues out of my head when somebody showed me a brief clip of Pentecostals going at it. Be careful.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

This all came from believing that section of Mark (16:9-20) that was later found to be an addition to the scriptures. We have it in our New World Translation but it is in a different font and the manuscripts that have it and those that don't have it are clearly specified. The relevant verses are:

16 He that believes and is baptized will be saved, but he that does not believe will be condemned.

17 Furthermore, these signs will accompany those believing: By the use of my name they will expel demons, they will speak with tongues,

18 and with their hands they will pick up serpents, and if they drink anything deadly it will not hurt them at all. They will lay their hands upon sick persons, and these will become well.

I had to do the research in answer to someone 's question about the blank verses in the NWT. These verses are not blanked out, but we just don't use them - but they are included for the sake of people who believe in the King James Version of the Bible.

We can be thankful every day that Jehovah gives us protection from demonic influences by providing this knowledge through his organization!

In the March 22, 1988 issue of the Awake, there's an article called "I Escaped Religious Deception". It's the life-story of a sister named Ireta Clemons, who was raised Pentecostal. It's an interesting read. Anyway, she claims she knew three people who actually did die from getting bitten by the snakes.

Another interesting story: Some years ago, my dad had this Bible study...the study had a friend who was a demonized, alcoholic, paranoid-schizophrenic Born-Again who was always speaking in tongues and healing people. Obviously, he tried hard to convince the study that we didn't have the truth.

The study had smoked and drank heavily for many years, and thus had developed very bad dental problems. One night, he had a horrible raging toothache, but his Born-Again friend "healed" him. A few days later, he told my dad the story: "Oh, it was amazing! He just laid his hand on my shoulder, and all the pain went away!"

My dad replied "The pain went away...for how long?"

The study said "Oh...for about a few hours."

My point? The amount of power that their "holy spirit" has can be inconsistent. So yeah, the stuff with the snakes is obviously very dangerous.

I'm sure Jesus and the Apostles did healing that lasted longer than an hour or two.

The real test of the Born Agains is the resurrecting of dead ones. You can't bring somebody back from the dead for an hour or two. :whistling:

They dodge that topic at every turn if you press them a bit.

I'm sure Jesus and the Apostles did healing that lasted longer than an hour or two.

The real test of the Born Agains is the resurrecting of dead ones. You can't bring somebody back from the dead for an hour or two. :whistling:

They dodge that topic at every turn if you press them a bit.

There are some that claim they can resurrect people and they will point to some dodgy videos on the net.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

My papa always said - you can't fix stupid.

Your papa and Judge Judy would make a good team.

Her fav quote is "beauty fades but dumb is forever" :raspberry:

I knew a new sister who was invited to a revival by a BA minister who had a withered hand. She boldly told him to come back after the weekend when HIS hand was healed. . . then she would come by to get her arthritis seen to. (tu)