JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Plane flying over Penn State "Take down the statue or we will"

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4293 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/plane-flying-banner-penn-state-issues-warning-joe-paterno-statue-statue-article-1.1116217

The famous bespectacled statue of the late Nittany Lions’ football coach Joe Paterno continues to be the target of threats, the latest of which came Tuesday, when a plane flying over State College was dragging a banner with seven ominous words: “TAKE THE STATUE DOWN OR WE WILL.”

Photo via Twitter

Paterno was identified in former FBI director Louis Freeh’s report on Penn State and the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse case as one of four administrators who covered up Sandusky’s predatory nature when the long-time Penn State defensive coordinator molested boys over many years.

In the fallout of the Freeh report, numerous high-profile names in sports have called for Paterno’s statue to be removed, including former Florida State coach Bobby Bowden and former NFL defensive star Warren Sapp.

Monday, NCAA president Mark Emmert said in a PBS interview that heavy sanctions may be in store for the university, saying, "I've never seen anything as egregious as this in terms of just overall conduct and behavior inside a university and hope never to see it again.”

Paterno died of lung cancer Jan. 22. He and PSU president Graham Spanier were fired Nov. 9 days after Sandusky’s arrest on multiple counts of sexual abuse of minors. Sandusky was convicted on 45 counts last month.

When Paterno was fired, Penn State students rioted on campus in protest, and in the months after Paterno’s ouster, many of the school’s alumni voiced outrage over the university board of trustees’ handling of the Paterno dismissal.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/plane-flying-banner-penn-state-issues-warning-joe-paterno-statue-statue-article-1.1116217#ixzz20uSgf2WV

Pictures of plane and statue on landing page.

FYI...when I went to look at the news report...I got a Trojan virus loaded on my computer. Fortunately, my software caught it. Can't say for sure if that website caused it...I'm not sure how all that works. But wanted to let others know.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12