JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sos. Invoicing over the net.

I am currently sending my invoices out. my companies say that they cannot open my files that I am sending. I have not had this problem before. I use Adobe

and power point for opening my files. Also NCH invoicing software. I recently installed ,Norton sercurity because my computer has been crashing and unwanted mail comes through, so I have searched all over my settings. Firewalls etc. I have hit a brick wall. :help: Please. Agape`

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I have just sent my android through to my personal email. To check the invoice. & it says that the file is damaged?

I forgot the invoices are being sent out 4 times in one hit. I check the out post & the sent items to delete the files.

am not sure what is happening.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

What software are you using to create the invoices? What file type are they?

For example, I use Quickbooks and it creates a PDF file and emails them out. I've never had anyone say they cannot open them though.

On the other hand, when one of my tile distributors sends me an estimate, I can open it on the computer, but had to download and try 5 different android apps before I found one that would display it and not say that the file was corrupted. I don't know why. This was an old issue and either my upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwhich OR Adobe updating their app seems to have fixed this.

I cannot see your antivirus or web security software preventing any program from creating a document. It must be something else.

For those who cannot open the attachment, simply copy and paste the text into an email itself.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Sr. Gabe, It also depends on the file which you are converting. is it PDF or something else? The person receiving the file should have proper software to open the file. If it is PDF, then almost every computer has got softwares to open the same. What is the extension of converted file?

Agape

The program I use Is The American base. N.C.H...I tried Quick books many years back when We were in partnership with some one else.

I found it complicated. Maybe it has improved. I probably hit the panic buttons as well trying to organize everything before the assembly tomorrow.

So I printed the invoices & then the printer jammed LOL.So I probably have to wait til Monday to carry on. I love to be able to use Technology then

It all goes haywire. No Idea?

I use QuickBooks for my business. I have problems with the QuickBook PDF conversion feature. I have a PDF converter that shows up in my printer line-up. When I want the invoice in a PDF file I just print it with PDF converter and drop the file into an email. It works much better for me.

Inge

Hi there,

I hate book work therefore the bookkeeper keeps my QB in her computer. So how to invoice? I downloaded Openoffice.org, a MS product. It's a lot like MS Word before they messed with it and changed it and now I can't use it as well. But Office is really easy and it loads the Invoices you can get at Microsoft free templates. I create my invoice, export as PDF (I can't get Word to do it very easy) so anyone can read it, and save as a file on my desktop. Every quarter I copy off and send to Bkper. Sounds like a lot of work but once you have the invoice created for the company it's as easy as clicking on the previous Invoice, make changes, and save to..for me..the new folder for next month. I can do 7 invoices in minutes.

Some of you techies will probably roll your eyes at how lame my method is but, well, it works and is easy.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Thanks Cheryl, I will look into that program might work better. Ciao

Thanks all for trying to help out. I probably will give up on this one. Look into another program. I am not sure.

I don't want to be a problematic. Ciao.

For exporting documents into PDF format, you might want to try the free Bullzip PDF Printer (http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php)

Has worked well with me and when printing out my files at somebody else's computer as I don't have to worry if they've got the same fonts as I do. Only downside is that using thin cell/border lines in Excel doesn't seem to work very well; all of them are really thick when the PDF file is ready.

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29