JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Samsung Galaxy S3

I need to update my old Samsung Galaxy. I am a bit behind the news. With what has been happening between them and Apple. I love the Androids. What do you guys think please. Is the battery reliable?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

If you are interested in battery life/reliability then you could check out the Droid Razr Maxx . Other than that I would say the the S3 would be okay. You can always keep a spare charged battery with you if you need too.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

I have the s3 and the battery lasts about 6 hours. I am a heavy user. Videos and all. I keep a spare battery and change it out when i get to 10% .

So that's 12 hours of heavy phone use. I REALLY like my phone.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I really like this. A brother who is a Realtor and whose phone use is moderate to heavy got this and he said his charge lasts up to two days at times, depending on use of course, but he said he gets more then double use then the stock battery. This only adds a little bit to the thickness of the S3 and it actually feels a little sturdier with this battery and back cover.

http://www.amazon.com/QCell-Extended-Compatible-GT-i9300-T-mobile/dp/B00757ERD2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Well worth the price!

Thanks all. & Musky I didn't realize the Batteries are reasonable on the Amazon, I have handled my phone like my Babies. But I have gone through 2 wall chargers & 4 car charges & Now the phone is becoming unreliable. Do you know if the screen has been made tougher. I had put mine in my pocket and thought it was safe & racing my kids to school. the screen is still readable.?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I am of to find a new phone this morning, My current mobile will not charge, It only flashes. I am so sad, I was hoping to use it for a little longer. Its been one of those weeks were everything dies.

I ended up getting the Galaxy Note it is slightly bigger. I love it no more squinting, & I think my hubby likes it too. He's been checking out the apps> He's more like a big kid at the moment.LOL.

I can't get it back of him yet. Awesome.