JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trying to get Motivated.

Hi Astrid, nice to meet you.

When I am cutting, I plan my meals in advance of what i'll be eating for next week its the only way you can set your goals for weight loss. You cant just wing it or just guess, you need to know what nutrients your putting in your mouth.

I use a website called http://www.acaloriecounter.com/ and it's very detailed about whatever it is im eating as far as nutrients goes, I then break it down and make adjustments accordingly to the goals I set, as an example; I want to eat no more than 30 grams of sugar a day, so then I decide what fruits that I would like to eat and proportion it to my set goal. Just because you have a whole apple, does not mean you need to eat the entire apple in one sitting. Thats the discipline part of it.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you all for your motivation. I love the suggestions. I did make a start 3 weeks ago. & then the school holidays came through. So it was a bit hard. Then other things happened along the way. But today was the first official day for me at the Gym. the women are really good. & there is a really understanding PT she is so nice. Said how things have been after Brodie. So I long to go back & have the stamina again. She put me on the right type of exercise to strengthen the core. & the disc area. So today is day one for me.

I will also mix in the suggestions as well.

Agape.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

there is a site callled spark people.com and it is also free they have meal plans food and fitness tracker I tried it for a while and lost my mojo like i do . I have lost a little wieght recently but thats cause I was sick. I've been incorporating food back in my diet by juicing veggies and using it as a base for fruit smoothies it's the one thing that so far doesn't make my stomach hurt.

Hi all, first time posting on this site.

I hope I can share my experience with my this.

Here is what Ive done to loose weight. This method is by far the best method for me, the low carbs method is IMO a dangerous method for the simple fact that the results are quick but if you stop doing the low carb diet, chances are you will regain all the weight you worked so hard to loose. And besides Jehovah didnt create us to eat low carbs all the time, its about proportioning your intake.

Instead of thinking about dieting, think about your readjusting your eating habits, because afterall thats what its all about.

Loosing weight is about 2 things, counting calories and counting sugar intake.

Ideally, if your looking to "cut" or loose "Pounds" your going to need a plan that involves:

1: Calorie Intake

2: Sugar Intake

3: how many small meals a day your eating

4: Protein Intake

5: how many hours of sleep your getting

6: what type of exercise do you do daily (walking/cardio/circuit training/weights)

All these work hand in hand.

So here's what I've done and still doing.

1: I eat between 1500 - 2000 calories a day (If im cutting, this is what I'll stick with)

2: I eat no more than 30 grams of sugar a day

3: I eat 5 or 6 small meals a day

4: I eat about 150 - 170 grams of protein a day, I lift weights

5: I sleep 8 hours a day 6 days a week, except sunday I sleep for 2 - 4 hours (I work nightshift), Ideally you should be getting 8 hours each day

6: I exercise 5 days a week, 2 days rest.

Foods that I avoid for loosing weight.

1: Processed Foods

2: GMO foods (USA, Europe), GE Foods (Canada)

3: Fruit juices

4: White Bread

5: White Rice

6: anything that has white flour

7: Most Dairy

Hope this helps, ask me if you got any questions.

Hi Carl and welcome I was just in Vancouver on a mini vacation great city I visited the english bay cong. Can't wait to go again next year. I try to avoid the same things hopefully I will get the motivation to start taking the time to count the calories. I pretty much guesstamate on the rest, except the sugar I do pretty good keeping that low.

Hi Astrid, nice to meet you.

When I am cutting, I plan my meals in advance of what i'll be eating for next week its the only way you can set your goals for weight loss. You cant just wing it or just guess, you need to know what nutrients your putting in your mouth.

I use a website called http://www.acaloriecounter.com/ and it's very detailed about whatever it is im eating as far as nutrients goes, I then break it down and make adjustments accordingly to the goals I set, as an example; I want to eat no more than 30 grams of sugar a day, so then I decide what fruits that I would like to eat and proportion it to my set goal. Just because you have a whole apple, does not mean you need to eat the entire apple in one sitting. Thats the discipline part of it.

Hope this makes sense.

yes, it makes sense, thank you for the link!

Hi Gabe,

Starting this coming Wednesday my brother are starting this little thing to see who can be more fit in a month. Not a competetition or anything, just a thing that we are both going to try since he has blown up a tad sinc he got out of army in may. I've blown up some over last yr and would like to do something about it. Anyhow we are doing it to kind of motivate each other. If you want to join in, your welcome too. Motivation is I think help and support from others.

Angela