JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Revolution (TV Show)

Anyone watching this? I see the advertisements, but it just hasn't interested me - too improbable.

note: Now Doctor who - that's another story ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_(TV_series)

If you are watching - what do you like?

I like Falling Skies (seems similar), but it is in between seasons.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I haven't heard of this one yet. But might be worth giving a try.

I already have one post apocalyptic show on my list at the moment. Since I am not a big TV watcher, the odds of me picking up another one is pretty slim.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I usually download a couple of episodes of a show I'm interested in and watch them to see if I like it first before I devote too much time to them. Commercial free, an hour show is about 42 minutes and a half hour show is 20 minutes. So you can find out quickly if you like one without having to devote an evening to it.

I watched episode 1 of this last night and fell asleep about 3/4ths of the way through. I found it disappointing, boring, and poorly written. I hate poorly written shows. Acting seemed bad too.

But I will try and finish where I left off later and maybe give episode 2 a chance.

In the first 5 minutes, planes fell out of the sky. That was cool. After that it was like Terra-Nova.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Oh I like Terra Nova also. So did my 5 year old boy because it had dinosaurs. I wish they kept it.

What I meant was the whole primitive living, fending for yourself, varius factions, etc.

I watched episode 1 of this last night and fell asleep about 3/4ths of the way through. I found it disappointing, boring, and poorly written. I hate poorly written shows. Acting seemed bad too.

Well, you know that means it's future is secure! The dumb ones always get renewed! :laugh:

Hey, I liked Terra-Nova, but apparently I was one of only a few - CANCELED!!

I loved the show too.

I loved Colonel.s character tough and mean.

Just. A side note i had been. In that area where they filmed the show in QLD. They show waterfalls etc. There are these caves. There is an episode where you see writing on the rocks near a stream. There are these vines that if wrapped around youth have needle like stingers.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I watched the first episode of Revolution but was so disappointed in all the killings. I'm like does no one want to stay alive anymore?! I'm sad that my Royals Pains is gone until December. But even that had increased sex scenes that I did not want to watch. The beach scenes are amazing, I pictured myself swimming in the wonderful waves and laughing and getting sea water in my nose.

But I also hate to admit that I have been watching Person of Interest. I hate that show, but it's so good,but the concept is so interesting it's different. What to do what to do...I hate violence I hate seeing people getting shot or sliced. And even if it is make believe I still feel it deep in my bones when someone gets killed oh man I hate that! And then there was the new show Elementary which I thought would be kill-free. NOPE! Those killings were vicious! But since that was new and I didn't watch the following episode. But I'm stuck with POI...Brother Elder I need some counseling please PLEASE!

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

NSSewer

(Venus), I used to watch POI,, I just found it wasn't my thing either, There are alot of shows. they start out great. but then they. I suppose its to keep the ratings etc,

bring in violence. Devilish seens etc. So far I haven't found anything iffy in Hawaii 5 O. I love it. especially the original. There was another show It started out ok. It was a romantic. with a twist. but then it brought things that are not ok. When it was going. I loved Dr Quinn. things like that. Tame

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Well I watched Chicago Fire and was overall impressed! There were no deliberate killings except for the poor firefighter who accidentally died in the beginning. And though we are not into politics it was keen when the real Chicago mayor made an appearance. I really miss NY Med. That was an amazing show even though it had an MA rating the scenes were related to trauma that might be disturbing to some.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."