JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Spotify

Spotify's great, gone are the dubious, youthful days of downloading music to one's hard drive ;)

By the reports I've read it seems they are not really paying decent sums for artists in royalties. And the free account mode with seedy (audio) or otherwise just annoying adverts can be annoying. Other than those factors I think it's great. Here in Sweden, where Spotify apparently was founded, when I've been invited over to brothers or sisters, Spotify seems to be the most typical way of playing music.

Sharing playlists is easy even though I don't really like the total integration with Facebook.

Yet another thing is that so far I haven't found any good alternatives for Spotify. I tried to rara.com with a discount voucher for a month or so but their music libraries were not even nearly as expansive as Spotify's. Also, rara.com is/was very heavy on computer resources (Flash-based?)--unlike Spotify.

Wouldn't pay SEK 99/month for a monthly subscription that allows me to listen to music also with a smartphone. Fortunately though a local telephone operator had a sweet deal: sign a two-year contract with them, get for Spotify Premium free for 12 months.

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

Yes. Spotify is like having your own online radio station where you can choose your songs and listen to them for free. Yes you have to listen to the adverts but you can listen away with a clear conscience that you are not breaking the law. I used to download songs illegally when not in the truth but those days are gone. I use spotify often i just hope it stays free.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."