JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2013:)o:flowers:

Can you believe it?

What resolutions or plans does anyone have planed?

For me I will be moving to a newly renovated house. But renting. My girls will be changing schools it will be a little closer...As well as a bit more travelling..Like to Perth..

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Just don't ask Leslie to teach him parallel parking :lol1: i love that girl she cracks me up and so honest.

My goal is to start our Vietnamese group up again and hopefully have me, Deb or both of us pioneering again by sept.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Wow,those are awesome goals Jerry...yeah I felt so bad for Leslie,I hate parallel parking, I always pay my $10 when in Cleveland and have the Ukrainian kids park for me....lol....they take advantage of bad parkers like me...I always wonder if the kid is legit and if I'll ever see my car again,worse things have been known to happen....I'll go to the little booth and say "Where's Yosyp?"....He'll bark "No Yosyp here!"....these thoughts always go thru my mind......

Just don't ask Leslie to teach him parallel parking :lol1: i love that girl she cracks me up and so honest.

My goal is to start our Vietnamese group up again and hopefully have me, Deb or both of us pioneering again by sept.

The Vietnmese have a beautiful nature. I use to hangout with them at school..A friend took me out tovthe Villawood Detention Centre. There are slot of refugees & she had an RV. There were a few Vietnamese there. Even though they were limited thy were still hospitable.. I Love so many cultures.. Jerry may I ask.. Why are you fond of the Vietnamese?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Why are you fond of the Vietnamese?

Well, it is not so much a "fondness" for Vietnamese as it was an effort to reach and try something different.

About 6 or 7 years ago the Slave was just starting to talk about reaching out to help in a foreign language field in your local area. So Deb and I talked about it and decided we would try it. Sure enough a meeting or two later, there was an announcement that 2 foreign language classes were going to be held in our area and anyone interesting should talk to the Secretary. Well, we talked with him and he told us that the two languages were Chinese and Vietnamese. I had no idea what Vietnamese language looks like, but I did know what Chinese looks like and if you have ever seen my handwritten English you would quickly understand why Chinese was a "no go" for us. I can't imagine anyone - including myself ever being able to read ANYTHING I wrote in Chinese.

But then we saw Vietnamese uses the same letters as English - with a few extra - and they just add accent marks over or under words for how they should sound. Little did I know what that meant (WOW! six different possible ways to say every word and each way makes the word have a COMPLETELY different meaning.) So, we signed up. Here we are 6 years later - still working hard at learning the language.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

My goal this year is to GET THROUGH it.

Its a daily goal really. :)

I hope this year....my son gets into remission. He somehow gets well enough to get baptised. That my youngest stays strong enough to fullfill her goal to Regular pioneer.

That my eldest see's another year out as well.

That we continue to make Jehovah our refuge, and rely on him each day.

And be thankful for what Jehovah has given us. Our brothers, or friends, or organization.

That's really NiCe Fiona.. I like the statement. .make Jehovsh our refuge.. HE sure is good to us..

Jerry yes I've seen the a Chinese writting & I use to learn Japanese. I'm ok with the Kanji. (The english style.) But I can't remember the characters. I have a friend trying to help me..My friend in Cambodia

GAve his experiences explaining the many meanings for a word. If you went one up or down it had different conotations. I like the Italian & Spanish. They are easier..

2013 has already started in September (for JWs, it is 2013 Service Year, started in Sept'12).

Accordingly me and my family made some resolutions and are following the same.

Were you interested in sharing any of those goals?

note: at my job the new year started July 2012. But that is a fiscal year - similar to the "service year" starting in September that you quoted. But the new Calender I received at the hall last month uses January as the beginning of 2013. We have a nice thread on it here

Soon .....

Little did I know what that meant (WOW! six different possible ways to say every word and each way makes the word have a COMPLETELY different meaning.) So, we signed up. Here we are 6 years later - still working hard at learning the language.

Well To quote an old movie you must be very brave or stupid.

But I think very clever Vietnamese because of the is it over 7 tones? is very hard to master.

This is many many moons ago but one of my dear pioneer Friends started the Vietnamese Cong here in Adelaide then has moved to Melbourne then Sydney.

One older brother joined over 30 years ago and is still struggling with the Lang.

There is a new Vietnamese Cong started again about a year or so ago the society had a new method for teaching it which was very successful.

There is a fantastic Chinese Lang. group which has now doubled to two Cong. It is on a different level the sheer joy and enthusiastic spirit that encompasses them is amazing.

The Chinese people are taking to the spiritual waters like a thirsty man in the Sahara.

A pioneer sister I know is German joined the Chinese group went on holidays to Africa in Africa there are so many Chinese who can't take the life in China so have immigrated to Africa there are so many who want studies the brothers in Africa are overwhelmed with their culture being so different etc.

Last year I tried so hard to join the Korean Lang. group It drove me crazy their vowels..... the brother taking the school would say Ya you would then say Ya no no no not Ya Its Ya but I just said Ya no no you said Ya thats right Ya and on and on it went. In the end I went to get my ears tested they were fine.Ar Ya Yar O Yo Oo sorry got a bit carried away there all the very best for this year may Jehovah bless your efforts.

My family & I are moving into a different congregation which will be good for giving our spirituality a boost.

We are also heading off on our trip to the Philippines in a couple of days, which we are both nervous & excited about.

I havn't planned anything further that yet :D

Hey, Gabe!! My new years resolution is to stop eating at fast food restaurants! I will try to make more time to prepare breakfast at home instead of stopping at the local McD's (horrible habit!!) and to get my lunches for work ready at home the night before. I am writing it on my calendar (not my wonderful "new system" calendar, though) to remind myself each month! I need all the help I can get!

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

Can you believe it?

For me I will be moving to a newly renovated house. But renting. My girls will be changing schools it will be a little closer...As well as a bit more travelling..Like to Perth..

I don't resolutions. I follow Jesus and worship Jehovah. No need to resolve!

Agape

Thats great Lee..

I only use the term Resolution because at the last 5 of my Districts at the concluding program.

Have ask if we enjoyed what we learn etc & we clap yes & he has said now do you resolve to continue dwelling on the points fresh in your mind etc. The world has a new years resolution.

Like losing weight & drinking less etc. So how about a spiritual resolution. Make some goals. So I have loved the expressions spiritually speaking... But also take it as you like..:)

Absolutely right, Gabe! Until we are all perfect, anytime we want to change a bad habit or become a better person in any way, is a good time to make a resolution. January 1 is as good a time to start as any other!!:ecstatic:

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

I don't resolutions. I follow Jesus and worship Jehovah. No need to resolve!

Agape

Doesn't that mean that you resolve not to resolve?:raspberry:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

So far for this year I have read the Bible each day and the daily text.....so far so good. I have also studied every WT lesson and attended every meeting for 2013.... Oh...and most important of all I have prayed to Jehovah everyday...several times a day somes days.

Just 51 more weeks to go. :D

Can you believe it?

I just got appointed as a regular pioneer! Who'd a thunk it! It was announced tonight, but I started January 1st. And when I logged on here I was upgraded to full permission! What a joyful night! This time last year, I had just started to serve Jehovah again after being inactive for many years. Who'd a thunk it? I am so happy and so blessed by Jehovah. What a wonderful God we have and what a wonderful universal organization we are part of. May Jehovah bless each of your spiritual goals.

I agree &No regrets in Living &Serving Jehovah.

Thanks Bryan.

:bouncing:>:D< I am Soooo! Happy for you. Bryan. It is a good year. A wonderful way to Start too.

Agape.:grouphug:

Can you believe it?

I just got appointed as a regular pioneer! Who'd a thunk it! It was announced tonight, but I started January 1st. And when I logged on here I was upgraded to full permission! What a joyful night! This time last year, I had just started to serve Jehovah again after being inactive for many years. Who'd a thunk it? I am so happy and so blessed by Jehovah. What a wonderful God we have and what a wonderful universal organization we are part of. May Jehovah bless each of your spiritual goals.

Have to say congrats on the pioneering. I love it when brothers have the opportunity.

Yeah, i concur with Heather. I think that is awesome. Deb and i jist finished 2 years together, but i had to stop - still working 4 days.

But i am very happy for you.

Soon .....