JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

app "My Sword"

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3910 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Does anybody know this app?

One brother suggested it to me, our district overseers uses it a lot, and he has the most interesting talks, because it often tells us the exact meaning of words in the bible. I wondered where he found this meanings and now I know.

But I do have my trouble with this app, I find it hard to navigate... Maybe someone of you has more experience and want to share?

• 6 months later...

Does anybody know this app? One brother suggested it to me, our district overseers uses it a lot, and he has the most interesting talks, because it often tells us the exact meaning of words in the bible. I wondered where he found this meanings and now I know. But I do have my trouble with this app, I find it hard to navigate... Maybe someone of you has more experience and want to share?

Maybe you would find this user's guide helpful: http://mysword.info/mini-users-guide   :)

Does anybody know this app? One brother suggested it to me, our district overseers uses it a lot, and he has the most interesting talks, because it often tells us the exact meaning of words in the bible. I wondered where he found this meanings and now I know. But I do have my trouble with this app, I find it hard to navigate... Maybe someone of you has more experience and want to share?

It seems to be a very good app but, personally, I don't feel comfortable carrying a crux symbol with me :(

It seems to be a very good app but, personally, I don't feel comfortable carrying a crux symbol with me :(

Edit on this :

I've found this app which is pretty good on changing the icon of an app (blurring it, painting it, or just exchanging for other image)

Icon Changer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jy.iconchanger.ad

Oh, cool.  I just downloaded this. 

I have bible plug-ins for my ColorDictionary:  Smith's Bible Dictionary, Hitchcock's Bible Names, and Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary.  The way my dictionary works is I highlight the word and I can choose to look it up in the dictionary (probably how all tablets work).  A separate window pops up for each dictionary  plug-in that has a reference to that word.

I also use an app called YouVersion the Bible APP.  It has Bibles in numerous translations that you can download, and numerous more that are accessible when online. 

Its a file reader, i guess the information us put in a different format, (maybe compressed) I've got tons of information in that format and am using less than a gig of memory

I use iSilo.  Through  this program I'm able to access the entire Watchtower Library,  just like on the CDRom.  I also have various KM articles and other reference materials that I can open using iSilo.

Do you have the lexicons on isilo?

I found a Strong's King James Bible with concordance for iSilo.  I also have Vine's Expository Dictionary for iSilo.

Edit on this :

I've found this app which is pretty good on changing the icon of an app (blurring it, painting it, or just exchanging for other image)

Icon Changer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jy.iconchanger.ad

Oooh, I'll have to check that out.