JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Windows 8.

I was looking at away to upgrade my PC. I saw the windows 8 pro. Good price so I got it let it go through the download proceedures. Also installed Java script as recomended. I go to run the program says incomplete. I am not sure what happenedor what I am missing.

I also noticed there is a new Email service that has junkmail settings & I am not sure what I need to do or if it has a desktop app.

Thanks for any help.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

What is the model and specs of the computer you are trying to install windows 8 on?

Processor = ?

Memory = ?

Storage = ?

Manufacturer = dell, HP, ?

You may need to reinstall XP and buy a newer PC - probably with Windows 8 installed already.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

My Model is an E- machine.

I was just reading with the XP. That they have a lot they have a lot of errors come up.

& crashes & that has been happening a lot. I have run spywares. Cleaned & removed the adwares. Checked for trojans. had the PC to a pro. Cleaner. Deleted unnessary emailing Promos & the like.

I am doing my head in. At least the Windows 8. Was$40 for the program. so I wanted to see if another program would run better than XP.

Maybe I do need to get another PC. Its hard to have it not working. When I need it.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I looked at emachines and they have dozens of different pcs and laptops. Which do you have?

I also saw at the bottom of this page they have some machines CANNOT be upgraded. Is yours listed there?

http://www.emachines.com/ec/en/US/content/windows-upgrade-offer

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

you can always go online to microsofts website and run an app that chks to see if your current PC is able to support a new OS

like Win7 or Win 8

good to do beforehand and it will let you know if there are some features that will not work or if you cannot upgrade at all

Thank you.

I did that before I purchased. & the message came up good to go. So I did and it was from the dinky die Microsoft company.

I have found a phone number for Aussie. I will talk to someone tomorrow. Monday. Thanks for good advice

I looked at emachines and they have dozens of different pcs and laptops. Which do you have?

I also saw at the bottom of this page they have some machines CANNOT be upgraded. Is yours listed there?

http://www.emachines.com/ec/en/US/content/windows-upgrade-offer

Thanks Jerry. The serial numbers were similar.

The guys that originally sold the PC. Have shut down. So couldn't go to them.

I found the ph. Number for Microsoft in my region. I gave them a call explained what happened with Pro 8 and they said I can get a refund. Go Microsoft

I also discovered windows 8 is not yet available in Australia.

I have kinda retired the PC. My hubby after some persuading.

Bought me a new laptop. Toshiba with 1Tg.

It has windows 7. Its fast.

Thanks Bro.

The features do look good on the Windows 8. Whatever year it hits my shores maybe I might upgrade.

My Hubby. recently bought me the Toshiba laptop. SO I am happy back in the game of PCs. It has 1 Terrabyte, So I am still interrupting that figure in my head. LOL.

It has Windows 7.. I am just learning how to drive this baby, LOL.