JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4097 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I bought the app. I was able to get most of the files from meekspace thru FTP Cafe.

I have tried to upload the files throug iSilo. But its a no go at the moment.

I have the Unrar zip file opener. The files opened in that folder. Does having a zip opener interfere with the iSilo?

{Moved to the JW Stuff forum, since this is specifically JW Related. - Bob}

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Since you are a member of the meekspace forum and that forum is designed exclusively to help the friends use isilo and the isilo files on their devices, you need to post these kinds of questions there. You will get a lot more help. We have no plans of merging the two different forums :)

There are also step by step instructions there and also videos that show you exactly what to do. Everything you need is there.

For any others - no, you don't "unzip" the iSilo files. The iSilo program reads the files as is - .pdb

Just put the files in a folder and then open iSilo and find the files through it. They'll open.

We had a similar conversation with another user about this - here -> http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?53,101853,106071#msg-106071

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Thanks Musky . Jerry. & Bob

I am so silly. I tried looking for that topic.

:grouphug:

I am looking forward to one more week to Camping. (tu)

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Someone either:deadhorse: or :pistols: me please..LOL

I need knew eyes lol. I went back into FTP & noticed I had ticked all the boxes except the one for isilo.

Its now in Transfer Status,:ecstatic: ps. I'm Blonde

I have iSilo and downloaded everything I wanted through FtpCafe........ Here's my question. I use Montano as my reader and some if the files from iSilo show up (as pdf's) but since iSilo file are PDB files what did I do to get them to show up in Montano? Example....... I forgot to download the WSM for 2-18-2012 so I went back into iSilo and downloaded it but it won't show up in Montano. What ever I did before, I can't seem to do again. Did that make any sense at all?

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

I have iSilo and downloaded everything I wanted through FtpCafe........ Here's my question. I use Montano as my reader and some if the files from iSilo show up (as pdf's) but since iSilo file are PDB files what did I do to get them to show up in Montano? Example....... I forgot to download the WSM for 2-18-2012 so I went back into iSilo and downloaded it but it won't show up in Montano. What ever I did before, I can't seem to do again. Did that make any sense at all?

Yes, your question made sense.

pdb files can ONLY be opened by iSilo.

pdf (note the f and to the B) can be opened by Montano.

Meekspace has BOTH types. Just make sure you are getting the PDF files and NOT the PDB files if you want to use Montano.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....