JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Dice Games

We have Yahtzee...which I like.....I have played different dice games with the friends where the dice are worth certain amounts.3's are worth 300 for example there's alot of adding and subtracting you play to 5,000 .I can't remember the name.

I'm sure there are others .

Gready

Plays with 6 dice

1=100

5=50

Need 500 to get on board

To start each person rolls one dice. Player with high dice starts. Roll 6 dice

3 of a kind - 4 of a kind - 5 of a kind - 6 of a kind

1 = 1000......1 = 2000......1 = 4000.....1 = 8000

2 = 200........2 = 400........2 = 800.......2 = 1600

3 = 300........3 = 600........3 = 1200.....3 = 2400

4 = 400........4 = 800........4 = 1600.....4 = 3200

5 = 500........5 = 1000......5 = 2000.....5 = 4000

6 = 600........6 = 1200......6 = 2400.....6 = 4800

3 pair in one roll = 1000

run 1,2,3,4,5,6 = 1000

* One can continue rolling dice for as long as they roll a 1 or a 5. OR one of the above scoring methods.

* When one player stops rolling and take their points, remaining dice goes to next player so long as that person in "on board."

If the next person rolls a 1 or 5, that person also gets the previous player points + the points of the 1 or 5.

* If all 6 dice score points then the player rolls all six dice again.

Example of play: Two players have taken turns rolling and both are now on board with 500 points. Player one rolls 3 ones for a thousand point, leaving 3 dice. player one rolls again and gets a five and a one for an additional 150 points for a total of 1150 point. player one stops and hands the one remaining dice to player two. Player two decides to roll the one remaining dice and rolls a 5. player two now has 1150 points plus 50 for the 5 for a total of 1200 points and all the dice. Player two rolls all six dice and gets 4 sixes for 1200 more points. Now he has a total of 2400 points and two remaining dice. Will he be GREADY and roll the remaining two dice or will he stop? He stops and player one must decide whether to roll the two remaining dice for a chance of getting a quick 2400 points + whatever he rolls OR starting with six dice and building points from nothing.

First player with 10,000 points wins.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Does anyone know any dice games a family can play on family game night? I have 10 dice.

I love playing games. Hope you all enjoyed your games.:wave:

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

Does anyone know any dice games a family can play on family game night? I have 10 dice.

Thanks, do you get together with anyone for games? This Hall is big on games, usually cards or Mexican train or this dice game.

It's fun playing with friends from all over, they have regional type games.Here it's Eucher... also Bid Wiz and Spades, some areas it's Rook or Gin I played that a lot growing up.

What do you play?

Hi Sis. Good for you all. I just moved to TX from Va and haven't been invited to a gathering yet. However back in VA I played spades and some other games that I really enjoyed them. As for Yahtzee my boys and I played when they were younger but since then I haven't came across any friends that play other games such as Yahtzee. Would love to play with you all someday.:ecstatic::wave::hugs:

Thanks, do you get together with anyone for games? This Hall is big on games, usually cards or Mexican train or this dice game.

It's fun playing with friends from all over, they have regional type games.Here it's Eucher... also Bid Wiz and Spades, some areas it's Rook or Gin I played that a lot growing up.

What do you play?

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

I'd have you over in a hot minuit...I have the deluxe Yahtzee, my two guys aren't crazy about it but every once in a while I win the roll of the dice and get to pick which game we play and they have to play it with me.

Do you know of any older friends who are home bound or in a nursing home, a lot of times they like playing games.We go play cards with this couple in their 90's.He's 95,she must be 93 they are still good at cards.

Hi Sis. Good for you all. I just moved to TX from Va and haven't been invited to a gathering yet. However back in VA I played spades and some other games that I really enjoyed them. As for Yahtzee my boys and I played when they were younger but since then I haven't came across any friends that play other games such as Yahtzee. Would love to play with you all someday.:ecstatic::wave::hugs:

What do you play?