JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Inhumane treatment of Jehovah's Witnesses in Turkmenistan

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4069 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

TURKMENISTAN: Raid, two-day detentions, torture, rape threat, fines

This article was published by F18News on: 14 February 2013

By Felix Corley, Forum 18 News Service

After the UN Human Rights Committee sought a response from Turkmenistan to complaints by 10 Jehovah's Witness conscientious objectors, about 30 police officers raided the lead complainant's family home in the northern city of Dashoguz. Six people were taken to a police station. According to their statements seen by Forum 18 News Service, all six were beaten and tortured, one of them severely. In what Jehovah's Witnesses state was "particularly despicable treatment", one detainee was threatened with being raped on a table in the police station. Three were then fined. The raid, detentions, torture, beatings, threats and fines "were obviously designed to punish and intimidate the Nasyrlayev family for the ten complaints of conscientious objectors to military service filed against Turkmenistan," the lawyer for the conscientious objectors complained to the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights. Such official violence is common in Turkmenistan. No government official was prepared to discuss these human rights violations with Forum 18, including officials of the government's National Institute for Democracy and Human Rights. "No one has the right to beat me, humiliate me or hang me to the point of my passing out", one of the victims stated.

Complete story HERE.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Wow, it says, "such official violence is common".

We really have to keep our brothers and sisters in our prayers.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Our talk at our recent Circuit Assembly "Giving attention to the needs of the circuit" urged us to remember our brothers and sisters worldwide in our prayers as many are undergoing so much suffering.

As we await the time when Gog and his hordes turn their attention to Jehovah's people to attack, I'm reading what many are experiencing right now and I want to imitate the faith of these ones that refuse to stop worshipping God no matter what violent persecution Satan's agents use upon them.