JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Help! My son has changed the computer language

Someone please help me! My son has changed the language on the computer, and even HE cant find a way to fix it. He tried to fix it yesterday, but this morning the keyboard wouldnt let me type in English until he change it back to Estonski or something like that.

I cant use punctuation still. The words I am when abbreviated, comes out like Iäm. Do you see that. I tried to use a question mark just then and got an underline. I will now type a question to let you see. What should I do_

My tool bars say Plik Edycja Widok Ulubione Narzedzia and Pomoc

My second tool bar says Ulbione Sugerowane witryny Bezplatna usluga pocztowa....

First of all, I have nothing against this language, whatever it is. I always wanted to learn a new language, but this is not what I had in mind.

What language is this_ and how can I change it back to English_

This is on the desktop computer. my son also has a laptop. we tried to go to youtube on the laptop, and people would give us instructions on where to go on the computer to get drop down boxes to change to English, but the boxes are also in the other language. do you know how hard it is to try to fix something when you can not read the drop down boxes_

He changed the language back to Estonski to get the keyboard working, and once I go to a website, it is in English.....like this one thank goodness. but everything else is just not right.

remind me to fire him as my tech guy.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

i googled this & this whats translated. Favorite Suggested sites post a free service ...

& Christopher is right it is in Polish

I found some instructions for either XP or Vista

Learn with jokes

Spanish Verbs

Italian pronunciation

Conversation Topics

Keyboard Languages

How to change keyboard language in Windows

If you need to type in a foreign language on your computer, you can do so by changing the input language (i.e. keyboard language). Just follow the instructions below

Windows Vista Windows XP

Instructions for Windows Vista

Click Start and then Control Panel

In Control Panel, if you are in Classic View, click on Control Panel Home (top left corner)

Open Clock, Language, and Region

Click on Regional and Language Options.

Click the Keyboards and Languages tab and then click Change keyboards.

Under Installed services, click Add.

In the Add Input Language dialog box, select the keyboard layout you would like to add from the list available and click OK.

The keyboard layout you added will be included in the list. To set the new layout as your default, select it from the list. Click OK to save your changes

You can switch between different input languages (= keyboard languages) by clicking on the Language Bar button or by pressing the Alt + Shift keys

Instructions for Windows XP

Click Start and then Control Panel

In Control Panel, if you are in Category View, click on Switch to Classic View (top left corner)

Open Regional and Language Options.

Click on the Languages tab.

Under Text services and input languages, click on the Details button.

Under Installed services, click Add.

In the Add Input Language dialog box, choose the input language and keyboard layout or Input Method Editor (IME) you want to add.

Click OK twice. You should now see a language indicator in the System Tray (located at bottom right hand corner of the desktop by default). You can switch between different input languages (= keyboard languages) by pressing the Alt + Shift keys

If a language does not appear in the Input language list, the fonts for that language might not be installed. If that is the case, follow the instructions below.

Hope this helps. Otherwise Call Musky.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."