JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Another BIG Tree fell on my house...Again

Thursday I was sitting at my desk taking a call and heard something in the backyard behind me. Normally it is very quiet back there with just trees and things. Suddenly I turned around because I heard a noise like a squirrel scurrying around and my mind went blank because I saw a tree falling in slow motion. Even the sound of the falling tree was in slow motion, at that I snatched off my glasses and dashed for the front door. I took off the locks with two hands and slammed the screen door open and then JUMPED off the three steps to the ground. Surprisingly all my neighbors were there staring at the tree! I had not heard it falling. Plus many heard it from the end of the block. I did not hear anything because I was panicking and my BP had gone up to 155/92 which is high for me.

The tree that fell a few years back fell ON MY HOUSE AT 4 AM IN THE MORNING! I have never been the same since! Really I haven't. After I called 911 on Thursday the sheriff and firefighters and paramedics and public works and GA power arrived. Everything was scary especially when the firefighters donned their masks and scream for everyone to get back. and went into my house because there were fumes coming from somewhere. I was later told that the fumes were coming from the attic because the FAT tree had sparked the power box so all the power was then turned off. And now I am here at my sisters who went off to get toiletries. I already brought over groceries for nourishment. So there is now a BIG tree just inches from my house that took down the awning and has visible cracks in the foundation on the inside. Worst the public works dept put a DO NOT ENTER sign on my front door. Please, please pray for me.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Oh Venus that is a scary scenario! I am so sorry and will pray that things will sort out quickly so you can get back home and that you can recover and find peace again soon. It is very hard to be displaced and under such stress. :squeeze:

I am sure that is not the tree house that you might have in mind. Will your insurance cover it with hopefully a small deductible? Are there any other trees that need to be cut back. To prevent another occurrence? Hoping you a speedy resolve and some calmness!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a harrowing few weeks. It is tough when you have to work directly with worldly people. There are the contractors and tree guys and the electric guys and the public works guy who pointed came to my door and asked if I was living because he previously posted the condemned sign, and the claims adjuster was the worst! I am grateful to be safe at my mother's but her sofa has all my bones hurting! It was either sleep upstairs and be in peoples way or sleep on the sofa in the basement and feel rickety in the mornings. I chose to feel rickety. And worse the day after the tree fell my cycle occurred and ended five days later and now it's back again and I am truly miserable it seems like all my life WEIRD things happen to me. Not necessarily bad things or even very good things...just plain weird stuff happens to me!

And then during field service I mentioned the tree business to the friends and a very ill brother insisted I use him as the contractor because he really needs the money and then a sister had her disfellowshipped brother-in-law contact us to cut the fat tree down and the two others that fell with it. I am so worn out. The big tree is gone and the brick has been replaced along with the roof and the gutters. But the electricity is still out because Ga Power turned off the electricity. Now a permit is also needed for them and they keep opening the attic (where the SPIDERS are) to get to the electrical piece and keep dirtying the carpet with debris.

And then we had a huge HAIL storm last week and wanted to see if there was further damage and sure enough a baby tree fell between the neighbors (the one who shot at my house with his gun) house and my house. It was more his side than mine. And this laptop I'm using is from the dark ages and then my mother prepares meat with every meal and my belly is backed up from it. And I took a long nap today because I'm depressed and didn't even attempt to go to the meeting and attended a funeral of an older sister yesterday. I'm miserable and so is my life!

Oh Jehovah God please have mercy on even me.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Dear Venus,

I'm so sorry to hear about your nightmare, how horrible.Yet you still went in the ministry despite it all.That is really encouraging to hear.Hang in there sweet sister.I hope you enjoy your memorial tomorrow night.

Lots of hugs and kisses.

:encourage:

Nance

• 2 weeks later...

Back home finally...feeling down...I think I might need some counseling services. Extensive long-term sessions.Those pervert contractors touched my personal items because I found my body scrub glove stretched out to a man-sized hand and was very dirty! Who knows what illicit purpose he used my glove for. :hammer: And then my bedroom curtain was pushed back and off the hinge and the second window's curtain was pushed and scrunched up. I mean what was that all about were they viewing me as we drove off only to resume their perversions in peace. It's too much to bear.

The tree did not hit near the bedrooms and I told them ladies things belong to ladies and men things to men and under no circumstance are they to open the back bedrooms! And then yesterday I came home to find a million Mexican men painting my house. I had them in my best Spanish take the microwave inside and quickly drove away. That scene was too much to get out of my head because I was thinking of the gang rapes in Mexico. The tree had zonked my microwave and cable so what was I to do without my popcorn and a good movie those are practically necessities at times. I froze yesterday because no one took responsibility for turning off my gas heat. There was hot water so I took a warm toasty shower but woke a frozen popsicle! There is still a very large disposable garbage outside my house and the side fence is still not fixed. It seems a neighbor assumed it was a dumping ground because I found someones dilapidated sofa and bent desk out there. There is another tree to the front of the house And finally I found a multitude of ants around the deodorant in my closet in the bathroom. I could not figure out what was so tasty for them to crowd around it...so naturally I did not touch it there were too many of them! Woe to those friends who were around me today.:no:

My dear....pictures, pictures, pictures! Document everything. Become proactive and not a victim as you surely feel now. Contact your Insurance Company and then find the Contractors Bond. Insurance Co will help you as much as they can, you're their client. Contact L & I and see if there's any complaints against the contractor. I hope you didn't touch much, if so put it back and start a journal now. On the computer and put your pictures along with each days' entry. I've been through this before as a contractor- on the innocent side because the homeowner didn't want to pay. And with a family member who tried to extort money from me but lost, not only because I was honest but additionally because of documenting! Please let us know how you are.:heart:

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Dear Venus,

So sorry to hear of this invasion of your privacy and personal space / belongings. There are such sick, strange and warped people out there and I do feel very much for you with the things you have discovered.... it is so hard to trust anyone to do work in our homes, especially when we can not be there to supervise them. I never like to leave my home when workmen come (at times it is unavoidable like your situation) but even then I feel my privacy invaded. I am a very private person in my home environment.

I hope they will be all finished soon so that you can regain your privacy and that your sense of peace will be restored soon. Such a long time to be unsettled from your home and normal routine!

Hugs,

Beth

Venus I am so sorry for this to happen. A man from our neighborhood came into our home one time and went into my bedroom and put kiss marks with lipsticks all over my underwear. I felt as though I had been raped. Some men are just pigs.:hammer:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Been back home for a few days and it is not as happy as I intended. I am miserable because every tree looks like it's going to fall, especially the one in the front and the one at the side back. I can't get my much needed beauty sleep and the contractor has still not removed the lock box but YAY they removed the big garbage full of debris yesterday. The rain water that had accumulated stunk very badly. Every burning smell scares me, every small boom sound scares me, if I see a tree sway yes as you know it scares me. Hope no longer lives in me. My heart sometimes is breakable. My nerve is sometimes shakable. I have moments less than cheerful when the moment leaves me tearful but in the long run I try not to be fearful.:depressed:

Sounds like "PTS". Grumpy and I were in an auto accident and I got a concussion because of it. Now because of it, whenever an auto on my right side moves into my peripheral vision I get scared. Imagine taking a trip with me in the car.:omg: I take happy pills to go anywhere with Grumpy driving.:ecstatic:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

• 1 month later...

I am with you Varnalee about the car. I can't get the head-on collision out of my mind. I hydroplaned when I put on the brakes before a very sharp curve, I was going down hill, had not passed a car one. Suddenly there is this car coming straight at me, I can't turn the car any direction and I am stomping on my brakes but nothing is slowing down. When I awoke, I couldn't see a thing and then I realized that I couldn't breathe. I started praying fervently to Jehovah, telling him that I would die if I didn't breathe and I had 4 children at home counting on me. The next thing I new, I took a deep breathe and my eyes opened, I could see the passenger from the other car running around it to help the driver. I thought, I have to go help them but my right leg was swung way over in the passenger side and I couldn't move. Then next thing I knew an emergency guy was at my side and I made him move my seat or I was going to do it myself cus my leg hurt so bad. They life flighted me to the hospital, I don't remember that. I had my knee broken in two places, my jaw was broken in two places, my left lung was collasped, and my liver was lacerated. The doctors found more things wrong with me later, but won't go into that, had to have 10 surgeries and more to go. I found out later, that the EM guy was a brother-in-law to a person I worked with. She told me that I had died several times just waiting for the helicopter and he came home and told everyone that this lady had a huge hole in her head from the gear shift going thru that he was positive that I wouldn't make it. The worst part was they had all my kids come in to the ICU to say "Good-bye" to me. It's been such a tragic thing that my children didn't even tell me about that until just recently. 

May Jehovah give all you dear friends strength and his powerful spirit and bless your faith and endurance..post-2322-0-77787800-1368402130.jpg

Edited by SUNRAY

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif