JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Difficulty in downloading music from JW.org.

I enjoy to no end the vocals of our kingdom songs on our site, bit, I have a horrible time downloading it, both on my computer and iPad. I just tried again. On the iPad. It take a VERY long time to do what I ask, then announces there was an error. Same thing happened on my computer. The download did not work. i do I have some CD's but they are gifts. And we have new ones out, and I am sort of embarrassed to ask for the new recordings from the friends. I download our publications fine, and only once did I manage to download one item from the music down load area on our site. And that was just an accident. Can any one help?

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

For computer only:

Lets say you wanted to download `Sing To Jehovah' vocal rendition #5. You would click on MP3 and then select Download All Files [zip], is that correct? If not try try downloading the ZIP file rather than the individual MP3 files.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I did the first. Result frustration. I will try the zip thing. Thanks. And it was number 5, I tried to down load incidentally. Thanks. Back to the drawing board.

I just tried the choice is MP3and ACC, or something like that. And then there is the zip choice with that. I am pushing the wrong button somewhere. I think if I listen to it, and as I listen to it, maybe I can down load it that way. But I may try to email the file to myself, and then burn a CD. It took a few seconds less then 20 minutes this time, then it said to open it in Notability. Not there. Just frustrating. I downloaded a album I paid for, and that is not what I want. I want the kingdom music. Thanks. Tomorrow is another day!

As Lynn stated - you want to Download the zip file:

152680=8383-Songs.jpg Which operating system do you have - Windows, Apple iOS, other? And which browser are you using - Internet Explorer, Chrome or some other?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Apple, and Bing. Will just try to do the Zip. Thanks! ( forgot to post!)

Well, this is good I, first of all, appreciate the graphics. I downloaded the Zip file. When it finished, it, again, said, open in notability. I, again, checked notability, nothing. It is just frustrating. I know it is drop dead simple, yet.....

Bea, are you using an iPad to download this music?

It seems to me that Apple doesn't permit music from any place other than the iTunes store.

Does anyone else have an iPad that might be able to explain how to get the music from jw.org?

note: My wife just spent 30 minutes with the Apple help desk people on how to get the audio for the magazines download. She had to do it through "podcast" and pasting a link some place.WOW! I really DISLIKE those Apple products!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Yes, it is apple. But I have had pretty much the same experience on my computer. I will try again. You are right about Apple. But the thing sure works to download about everything but the Societies music. Well, other issues also exist, but I got the thing for the meetings. And it does fine with the ePub. You can underline, high light, and even do notes in the margin. Plus the ability to touch the scripture and have it show up. But I refuse to use it instead of my Bible. Actually, it is fine for a back up. Forget my WT, song book. Sadly, that does happen. Thanks for your help. I shall try again. On the computer this time.

I have a wonderful app on my iPad. It is called Equiped. It has so many features that I have yet to explore them. But the latest is the magazines in audio. Might give that a thought.