JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

True Friends

I just got cataract surgery on both eyes so the one with glasses can't be me!

Congratulations Leslie! I'll bet the world is a brighter place for you now. How many fingers am I holding up? :)

With your husband out of service, how did you manage surgery and running the restaurant?  

Which one are you? The fun one?  ::o

Sorry Gabe, had to do it!  :squeeze:

Young Man I say. No respect. Didn't your Ma teach you to respect. Lols.

I will leave you guessing. Lols if only i could find a smiley on the note. ;-)

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Congratulations Leslie! I'll bet the world is a brighter place for you now. How many fingers am I holding up? :)

With your husband out of service, how did you manage surgery and running the restaurant?  

The "surgery" was 10 short minutes and the first thing I noticed was I really needed to touch up my dye job!  I have saved so much time by being able to read and not hunting down my glasses which were usually on the top of my head, that I have added at least an hour or two to my schedule every day.  Rick's first knee replacement is scheduled for Monday the 6th.  I have two young brothers in our ASL congregation who will be helping me while he is hospitalized and then during his recovery!  The Brews, Blues and BBQ every Sunday has been very successful!  Our player, Harley Hamm--that can play just as well as  Stevie Ray Vaugh and does tribute performances to/for/of (?) him--will be going on tour the end of summer with The Average White Band and will being touring Europe.  He is hooking me up with some of his friends that are excellent musicians and they will be subbing in for him while he is gone.  I kinda feel like Scarlet O'Hara--you just have to dig in and do it no matter how tired you are because it is sink or swim and my husband just can't manage at this point.  He is extremely worried but I keep telling him not to let that take a toll on his health/recovery.  

The bad part is I am setting in the bar alone now, up on this hill ablove the lake, the wind is blowing, it is dark and I am watching the security cameras where I won't be surprised or taken off guard when someone comes in.  Rick is laying down in the back with his leg up and iced down.  He is going for a echocardiogram, lung perfusion scan, and chemical stree test tomorrow to make sure of clearance for surgery.  Last week he was in the ER twice because his ankel was so swollen it went all up to his knee and we had to cut his jeans and cowboy boots off of him!  Honestlt, when they were removed his ankel swelled up immediately and looked like a basketball.  I did not know that an extremety cold swell that big so fast. They gave him and IV, diuretics, and treated him for cellulitis.  His ankel and lower leg is leaking so much fluid via his tissues that his socks get "stuck" to his leg.  I know he is in so much pain.

They have been doing so many tests on him they say he has to have back surgery too--5 ruptured discs.  We had waited 6 weeks just to get an appointment with the neuro surgeon and they would never call.  I finally called them and would not let them passify me with words and started crying and telling them that our doctor said if we were a workers comp we would get it sooner.  I had an appointment withing 10 minutes for the following day.  I wish I had a recorder because the doctor told us that our insurance was so lousy that he would "not make enough money for himself--only enough to pay his help and maybe a few bills.  What is in it for me?"  I am still fuming when I think about it.  Ideally he should have had his back surgery prior to the knee but because of our "poor insurance" it will not happen.  I want to ask for another neuro surgeon to perform his surgery.  I am afraid he may have a vendetta against us now.

If you guys dn't here from me by tomorrow call the police and have them come check on me!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

post-1015-0-98326000-1367378166.jpg

This is for Leslie.

Sorry for your troubles. Drs take forever.

Hope all goes well. xo

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

So proud of you, Leslie, for your good attitude and how you keep going.  I don't seem to have it in me lately to care about the good attitude or being positive.  Positive thinking seems to have gotten me nowhere.

I guess I should learn from your example.

I will try to.

Please be safe and keep yourself well.

sending hugs :encourage: and prayers for you during these challenging times :praying:

BTW, I hope it is not one finger your holding up!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

post-1015-0-76116000-1367409326.gifpost-1015-0-78730500-1367409372.gif

post-1015-0-78730500-1367409372.gif                                               post-1015-0-27460300-1367409388.gif

Edited by surfergirl

It is good that the end of this system has not arrived in that many thousands have accepted the truth. Those of us in tribulation physically, mentally, are having our faith severely tested...I have to keep in mind two things to start with...Jehovah will not let us be tested beyond what we can bear and there is no challenge that Jehovah can't meet. One brother had a saying: " inch by inch a cinch, yard by yard hard, mile by mile a trial" ... I know that since entering the computer world everything is faster....we need to always keep "keeping integrity" at the top of list of priorities along with prayer. I guess I am in my second childhood like those lovely old ladies in your post, Gabe...because I enjoy the God's Friend videos on jw.org and all of the animations but especially the one on prayer...also listening to Kingdom songs is very comforting...thanks Gabe for this thread and all the comments!post-2322-0-85733400-1367414156.jpg

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif