JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My job is taking my wife and I to Naples, FL for the months is Sept, Oct and maybe Nov. Does anybody know anything about the area? I've read the touristy stuff but was wondering about number of congregations, type of territory etc.

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

Be prepared for hot weather. Florida has summer 9 months of the year, including the months you will be here. And those months are also hurricane season as well. Naples is on the coast so you will probably have a sea breeze. As to the congregations I have no clue. Most congregations here in Florida are quite transient with snowbirds and tourists visiting. It should be very interesting for you both, being from Montana. There may be some wealthy pockets of people in Naples. But mainly people are people. This should be fun for you both!

Pink, thanks. We lived in Central California for 18 years so we are used to hot (but not humid) and we really miss the ethnic diversity. I can't wait to eat good Cuban food and Cajun too!

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

There are 8 congregation in Naples using 5 Halls. There are 2 Halls actually in Naples and the other three Halls are in the "Naples Area". It is a bit South of where I am (about 300 miles- Yes, Florida is a long state) ,so I don't really know the specifics about the congregations ... or the food in the area :)

This is from the JW.org site (http://www.jw.org/apps/E_FRNsPnPBrTZGT)

Congregation Congregation Bible Study Public Meeting Select tree-minus.gif Cypress - Naples FL (USA) Thursday, 7:00 p.m. Sunday, 10:00 a.m.  

1385 Pine StNaples FL  34104-4260

239-774-4497

Group: Romanian
Contact the congregation for details about the group.   tree-minus.gif Gulf Shore - Naples FL (USA) Thursday, 7:30 p.m. Sunday, 1:00 p.m.  

6755 Yarberry LnNaples FL  34109-6817

239-593-5500   tree-minus.gif Golden Gate - Naples FL (USA) Thursday, 7:00 p.m. Saturday, 10:30 a.m.  

3480 Golden Gate Blvd WNaples FL  34120-3049

239-354-0742   tree-minus.gif South - Naples FL (USA) Thursday, 7:30 p.m. Sunday, 3:00 p.m.  

3605 Guilford RdNaples FL  34112-6236

239-417-5507   tree-minus.gif Estates - Naples FL (USA) Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. Sunday, 4:00 p.m.  

3480 Golden Gate Blvd WNaples FL  34120-3049

239-354-0742   tree-minus.gif Suncoast - Naples FL (USA) Thursday, 7:30 p.m. Sunday, 10:00 a.m.  

4611 Green BlvdNaples FL  34116-5121

239-455-1354
239-455-9435

Group: Portuguese
Contact the congregation for details about the group.   tree-minus.gif Vanderbilt - Naples FL (USA) Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. Sunday, 4:00 p.m.  

6755 Yarberry LnNaples FL  34109-6817

239-593-5500   tree-minus.gif Marco Island - Naples FL (USA) Monday, 7:00 p.m. Saturday, 10:30 a.m.  

3605 Guilford RdNaples FL  34112-6236

239-417-5507  

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

We live in Florida and have been to Naples...if you have a smart phone you can use Google maps..search...Jehovah's witnesses and get kingdom hall locations..terrain is flat but there should be Gulf breezes!

:boating:post-2322-0-15435000-1368505407.jpg

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so jealous <smile>....I love Marco Island (20 mins south of Naples FL). Guess I'm a "Naples-wannabe stuck in a snowbank in Michigan"  LOL!

When we visit there, I've made it a habit to call the KH before attending a mtg.  You see my high-school spanish just isn't what it used to be and the KHs closer to Marco Island tend to have meetings in spanish (from the list above...Golden Gate and Guilford congregations).

Hope you have a wonderful time there!