JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Baltimore Maryland Train Wreck

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3991 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Dear Friends, please keep the brothers and sisters who live in the area where the CSX train wreck happened.  I was home and felt the explosion.  I thought it was an earthquake (it shook my house), but later  while watching, Fox News, I heard the announcement on Fox News New York City.  Other people have said they heard the blast 25 miles away, from my home!   The cloud of smoke is still burning, but according to the Maryland State Police and CSX officials the cloud burning is not a toxic cloud.  There is a Kingdom Hall called the Rosedale Congregation not far from the railroad tracks.  And too, many of the friends live in that area affected.  So far I have not heard of any serious injuries to any of them.  The train hit a trash truck that had crossed on the rails (there are no train lights there).  One person, the trash collector driver was hurt.  No reports on the train of major injuries.  And no one has to evacatute the area.   

thank you all very much

Your sister and friend

lisa (allabord4jah)

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/28/us/maryland-train-derails/index.html

Edited by trottigy

added link to story

Hi there. I live north of there about five miles away. All the brothers and sisters are OK. The only injury was the driver of the truck the train hit. The derailment is mainly in an industrial area not near too many homes and they have not evacuated any homes. It is not directly close to the Kingdom Halls in the area. 

Here is a map: The star on the left is the Rosedale Kingdom Hall. The red marker and green arrow are the location of the train derailment.

fireMap.jpeg

A brother in our congregation was right near it. He just posted this pic of the explosion. He is OK. 

CsPic.jpg

Edited by Rachel

Wow, someone on WBAL news sent a picture of a blue cloud like an atomic bomb had exploded.  My sister, am glad that none of our spiritual family was affected by the accident.  And too, the kingdom hall was not near the site of the wreck as well.  As soon as I heard Rosedale, Baltimore County, it caught my attention. Particularly someplace that close to home!  Thank you for finding the map and the picture the brother sent.  And adding onto the Baltimore Train Wreck story.  Someone added CNN, which described what I felt and had heard from a news station, a trash truck had been hit and that (supposedly) no toxic material was on board.   I see your name is Rachel, Rachel, may I have permission to call you by your name please?  Last year was the earthquake, that jolted some people I met in the ministry.  Tey jolted for about 3 r.v's and then they told me to get lost.  Am afraid that like Jehovah prophecied, most people will be marrying and given in marriage, eating drinking and do what they want, then the end will be instantly upon them!     Well, Rachel, thank for adding more information.  I could only add what I saw from WBAL news and my own feelings towards our brothers and sisters.  You and others worldwide are my only real family. 

Love

Lisa (allabord4jah)

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)