JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Train wreck in Quebec.. Update

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3907 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Some of you may have heard of a terrible disaster in a small town south of Quebec City..

A train loaded with crude oil .. Parked at the top of a hill .. With no one on board .. Somehow the brakes let go and the train came down the hill and derailed in a small town killing apox. 40 people..huge explosions and fire

We had a letter read tonight at our meeting regarding the disaster....

You will be happy to hear that there were no deaths, injuries, or loss of property among the 64 publishers in the Lac-Mégantic Congregation. However, many families were evacuated for safety reasons and were accommodated with other Witness families in the area. They are now back into their homes. When the explosions occurred at 1:30 a.m., the elders right away went to ascertain the well-being of the families in the vicinity. By 8:00 a.m., all publishers were accounted for.

Edited by TheDoorGuy

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Such news is bitter-sweet. While we of course are delighted that our brothers and sisters are safe, the loss of any human life seems to get me emotional anymore as I get older. I am more empathetic and sympathetic to the world around me than I was in my youth.

“‘For I do not take any delight in the death of someone dying,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.” - Ezekiel 18:32

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Thanks Lance for the update..we were wondering about the Friends there..it is a good lesson for us to be ready to show hospitality to those in need..post-2322-0-53647700-1374067102.jpg

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)