JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Most Dangerous Man In Tudor Britian

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3940 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

If you have access to the BBC iPlayer I highly recommend watching this.  It is about Tyndale translating the bible into English, which exposed the teachings of the catholic church for what they are.  It is good to hear this information from a outside source.

Tyndales choice of words was also interesting.   He used congregation, not church.  Elder rather than priest or bishop.

Also about 75% of the king James version is copied from Tyndale's work.

I sam that documentary and I was immediately thinking of the thought that William Tyndale could be one of the annointed ones.

w12 1/15 par.14

" In a parable, Jesus indicated that from the first century onward, there would always be some genuine anointed Christians on the earth.

Of course, we cannot say for certain which individuals or groups belonged to the anointed wheat class, but we can confirm that there have always been some who have courageously defended God’s Word and exposed the church’s unscriptural teachings. Let us consider a few examples.

Other champions of Bible truth rose up in the centuries that followed: John Wycliffe (c. 1330-1384), WILLIAM TYNDALE (c. 1494-1536), Henry Grew (1781-1862), and George Storrs (1796-1879).

really good doc. i love it that it makes the disgusting origin of the "church of england" so clear.

tynedales love of the bible and what risks he made to tranlate it. also learning another language so he csn translate it acurately!!! just WOW!

when they started talking about smuggling the bible into britain in haybayles and casks i think they said ....just reminded me of the brothers smuggling literature into the concentration camps in ww2.

Thanks for posting that video. I have just finished reading a book about him. Fascinating. I look forward to watching this documentary.

Tyndales choice of words was also interesting.   He used congregation, not church.  Elder rather than priest or bishop.

Another word that got him into a lot of trouble was repent instead of do penance.

How he would be loving the translation work being done now. I'm sure that if he is one of the anointed he is probably having a share in guiding this never to be repeated work. A work that was so close to his heart while on earth. He did so much in such a short period of time. Truly wheat amongst weeds.

A sad part of Tyndale's story is that he never actually got to finish the whole translation. Executed at the age of 42.  I like to think that maybe Tyndale (if he was anointed) was one of the unnamed members of the Translation Committee who translated the New World Translation. Probably a little romantic of me.  :)