JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sound System Area in the Hall

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3957 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

My husband will be helping to make a table or a shelf for the sound system and would like to see some examples of different ones. We have been looking through our pictures to see if we have any examples of them but we don't seem to. And it's funny, I can remember many things about the Kingdom Halls I was in but not the sound areas! So, if you have picture or can take one, that would be great!

Ours is in a cabinet. It's about 4 ft tall with two doors on it and the equipment sits inside and a brother will sit behind it during the meeting. Sorry I don't have a picture at the moment. They put doors on it to protect the equipment from getting too much dust in it.

I have seen many sound consoles ... some quite elaborate and some very sparse.

This is the area I work in with the RBC and in the majority of the Halls we use a setup like this ... There is a small raised platform in one of the back corners. This platform is about 5' x 5'. On top of this platform is a cabinet with a "desktop" in the center mounted on the front edge of the platform allowing for one chair to sit behind the desktop area.

Usually we have a cabinet in each side of the center desktop for holding various equipment needed for the sound system. These cabinets have doors.

On the desktop will be the mixer, phone and the MP3 player for music.

There is a counter top on the top of the cabinets the acts as a cover for the cabinets and a shield for the mixer.

Since most of the Halls are carpeted, the platform is also carpeted.

Sorry, I do not have any pictures.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~