JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4042 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Livescience.com

"This is the first time scientists have seen a string of volcanoes drop after earth quakes."

This is interesting, I am sure they have mountians have been dropping all over the earth before, I find it interesting that they have a record of such a large event now.

http://www.livescience.com/37848-earthquakes-make-volcanoes-sink.html

post-1052-0-34352500-1372793610_thumb.jp

We never stop discovering fascinating things about our magnificent home which Jehovah so lovingly created for us!

Have you ever heard of "bradyseism"? It's no doubt different from what your post is about, but nevertheless fascinating. I first learned of it when I was visiting Pozzuoli, near Naples in Italy. (The Biblical Puteoli - Acts 28:13)

Just what is bradyseism?

"Bradyseism is the gradual uplift (positive bradyseism) or descent (negative bradyseism) of part of the Earth's surface caused by the filling or emptying of an underground magma chamber and/or hydrothermal activity, particularly in volcanic calderas.

"In particular, the town of Pozzuoli features the Roman Macellum of Pozzuoli in which three marble columns show bands of boreholes or Gastrochaenolites left by marine Lithophaga molluscs. These occur up to 7 metres up the columns, showing how bradyseism in the area lowered the land to at least this depth under the sea and subsequently raised it again."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradyseism

Use your ears to gain understanding and your tongue to heal. -w13 5/15 p. 22

Cool.. That's what must be happening in Yellowstone national park... The magma is pushing up and causing a lake to displace...

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)