JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Going to Venice and Rome

So, I bought that Colloseum tour ticket (it is only the coopculture site that provides this) ... the question was - do I need any other ticket in order to visit the Colloseum? (for entrance or for skipping the line etc)
Please give me the link of the ticket you bought and the exact description. I'll check for you.

Inviato dal mio SM-A300FU utilizzando Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Adelin said:

So, I bought that Colloseum tour ticket (it is only the coopculture site that provides this) ... the question was - do I need any other ticket in order to visit the Colloseum? (for entrance or for skipping the line etc)

Yes, Adelin. The ticket you bought is only for the tour, you need to pay your entrance separately. The entrance to the Colosseum includes the Roman Forum too, but once you visit one of them you cannot go back in. If you are using a Roma Pass card, you don't need to buy anything else because the entrance is included.

I see it's raining in Rome. Rainy days are great to visit the catacombs because they're a lot less crowded.

Edited by carlos

4 hours ago, carlos said:

Yes, Adelin. The ticket you bought is only for the tour, you need to pay your entrance separately. The entrance to the Colosseum includes the Roman Forum too, but once you visit one of them you cannot go back in. If you are using a Roma Pass card, you don't need to buy anything else because the entrance is included.

I see it's raining in Rome. Rainy days are great to visit the catacombs because they're a lot less crowded.

Carlos, my wife is "torturing" me to include Spain on our trip.. LOL

She wants to change tickets and actually land in Madrid... I am still "resisting" LOL :whistling:

Fun ..fun ..fun ... LOL

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Carlos, my wife is "torturing" me to include Spain on our trip.. LOL
She wants to change tickets and actually land in Madrid... I am still "resisting" LOL :whistling:
Fun ..fun ..fun ... LOL

You’d want to go to Barcelona instead, I’m sure.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

19 hours ago, Zax said:

Please give me the link of the ticket you bought and the exact description. I'll check for you.

Called them and got it. We gotta go directly at the ticket office and they will give us everything else we need.

This is the tour: http://ecm.coopculture.it/index.php?option=com_snapp&view=event&id=E70BA522-3BA1-4BC5-071A-015FBFEA7456&catalogid=AC297F8A-566C-CF3B-18A5-015FC0002E80&lang=en

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

12 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

How to get to the spot featured at 3.16  min in this video?

Greg, have a look at this picture:

https://blog-italia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/foro-romano-3d.jpg

The eight remaining columns is number 9, the Temple of Saturn. The other three columns is number 10, the Temple of Divine Vespasian. The spot you're looking for is the corner a bit to the left of number 9, on the Capitoline Hill, where Via de la Consolazione meets the Via Foro Romano.

18 minutes ago, carlos said:

Greg, have a look at this picture:

https://blog-italia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/foro-romano-3d.jpg

The eight remaining columns is number 9, the Temple of Saturn. The other three columns is number 10, the Temple of Divine Vespasian. The spot you're looking for is the corner a bit to the left of number 9, on the Capitoline Hill, where Via de la Consolazione meets the Via Foro Romano.

That's a cool map...thank you very much :)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 hours ago, Adelin said:

The ticket to get in the coloseum costs 12 Euros plus 2 euros of reservation. The guided tour for "Sotterranei e Belvedere" costs 9 euros. So if you paid some 23 euros each person you are done, no more payments as far as i can understand. 

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

That's a cool map...thank you very much

The exact spot you are looking for is this:

Google Maps Link

I'll add a couple of other intresting places to take good panoramical shots:

image.png.11642e698fb7c93224ff85aa4abda07f.png

"Giardino degli aranci"

image.png.34982fccb81916f5a1dde1cd29b225d7.png

"Lungotevere - Ponte Sant'Angelo"

Look also for those places:

"Gianicolo"

"Pincio"

"Villa Borghese"

The house of the emperor Augustus,  on the Palatine Hill will be closed from 1 September :no:

Sad..because I really wanted to relax" on his sofa...:lol1:LOL

Adelin ..you still have a chance!

https://www.coopculture.it/en/heritage.cfm?id=18

Edited by Gregexplore