JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I lost the explorer on my Laptop. Been searching addresses to get it back. & Microsoft.

Can I have some Help please?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

If you lost Internet Explorer,  explore your laptop to C:drive   and explore to Program files folder. And explore for Internet-Explorer folder. And explore to  Iexpore.exe and doubleclick the same. :)

Agape

I was clean up the search engines. Keep having gadget box and another search site come up. I removed it under the hood. Then control panel. Reinstalled Google. But can't get back Internet explorer.

Trying to be careful not to let malware programs back on the new system.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Internet Explorer is still on your computer, otherwise Windows wouldn't run. You probably just removed the shortcut or the start menu listing. Go to Windows explorer, look in the "programs" folder, and when you see the "Internet Explorer" folder, open it and find the IE icon (iexplorer.exe) and right-click on it and choose "Send to desktop, create shortcut" or "Pin to start menu". 

Edited by Musky

Just tried.

Says this page can't be displayed.

Make sure the web address http. Is correct

Look for the page with your search engine.

Refresh page in a few minutes. There's a tab

Fix connection problem.

I have the short cut. Pinned also

Have the page open in front of me.

Yes. Just can't go use it.

I am following directions

I am a bit scramblee.

Would like to know what I put into the adress bar

Http.

Or www. ...? To get it back please?

So, you have Internet Explorer, right?

And if you type in an address in the address bar, it doesn't go anywhere?

What browser are you using to get on this forum? Just use that one for whatever address you want to go to? I guess, I just don't understand the problem. At first you said "I lost explorer on my laptop", are you using a different device to get to this forum?

If so, are you sure your laptop is connected to the Internet? Either by WiFi or a network cable?

Yes I am using my Note at the moment & sitting in front of the Laptop. Am connected through WiFi.

I thought if I type in the address like you do with Google I would get back the explorer.

I have been searching also through the connection on my Note.

Have both engines on the Note. Is it www. Explorer or http/explorer. .?

Sorry to keep pestering.

Sorry Musky I go to go through the explorer engine. But comes back address can't be displayed or found.

I am stumped sorry if don't come across clear.

I type same as you did.

Edited by surfergirl

The same thing as what? Bing is just a search engine, like Google only not as good as Google. So the Bing webpage is a search pge that you can "personalize" if you want to create an account. But it has a lot of adware in it so be careful.

I like explorer better than bing.

Are Bing & Explorer the same thing?

I don't understand when you say "I like Explorer better". Bing and Explorer are two different things.

Explorer is a browser, you use it to get to a web page, like Bing. You can also set Bing to be the default search engine for Explorer, you won't need to go to the Bing page to search if you do that, you can type your searches into the search bar on Explorer.