JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sure delete everyone else's post - leave mine! Hhhmmmp.

It sure sounds like a bootstrap virus. Have fun :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

OK, this is for when you wake up in the morning Nancy :)

When you start your laptop, the first thing that comes on the screen is the black "boot screen" that usually has the manufacturer's name like "Dell, Gateway, HP, etc"

As soon as that screen goes off, quickly press the F8 button several times. This should bring up the start up options screen,

Choose the top choice "Repair my computer"

In the "log in" screen, use the drop down menu to choose your normal log in name and if you have a password set for start up, enter it there.

Then from the next screen that comes up, choose "System restore" and choose a restore point from before you started having issues.

Reboot the computer when it finishes the restore (It may do it automatically) and see how things work then.

Is there another address for explorer. Instead of Msm bing? Please?

The reason I asked is when Icome to this sight it's been through my email post.

But I have stopped receiving. Maybe I turned of a setting?

Edited by surfergirl

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Gabe, I still don't know what you are talking about when you say "Is there another address for explorer. Instead of Msm bing?"

From that picture you sent me, Bing is just an add-on search toolbar that you have in your Internet Explorer. So an "address for explorer" makes no sense.

Sorry

Edited by Musky

I am not very good at explaining myself.

So ok what I mean is you know you can go to the address bar type in Google or www.Google. it will go directly to the engine I want.

Instead of bing. I want go straight to explorer. No other engines.

Forgive me I don't wish to waist your time. Or try your patience.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

But "explorer" is the browser, not a website or a search engine (that I know of). And Internet Explorer will use any search engine that you choose (Bing, google, yahoo, etc) you just have to go into your Internet settings and shoose "manage add-ons" and choose the search provider you want Explorer to use. 

Maybe Gabe needs to delete Bing. I had to do that because it wants to take over everything. It drove me crazy. If I could I would delete all of Microsoft's extras and just use my own, but they download everytime I need to update Windows. Bing doesn't seem to do that.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Vernalee I think you're right have to delete the Bing

I wanted really to go Explorer because for some reason with Google I had got back

Gadget box and Search . I had gone into my settings under the hood

Deleted both. & theb uninstalled Google. Waited a while then reinstalled again.

Even went to the control panel on the laptop. Found voth Gadget box and Search do

There so I removed it. I kept getting these flash messages my laptop was going to crash

I knew it to be a trap. My Laptop is 2mths old.

But both Search do and Gadgets are still there hard to get rid of.

Musky I won't post the pic I sent you. That's a last resort.

Both you and Vernalee are awesome.

This morning,I was messing around and a Google search box came up,let me search the internet,go anywhere just fine,no problem,so I tried to backtrack and lost it now I can't find it.

I tried Musky's last suggestion first and it said I need an administrators password.

Vernalee I think you're right have to delete the Bing

I wanted really to go Explorer because for some reason with Google I had got back

Gadget box and Search . I had gone into my settings under the hood

Deleted both. & theb uninstalled Google. Waited a while then reinstalled again.

Even went to the control panel on the laptop. Found voth Gadget box and Search do

There so I removed it. I kept getting these flash messages my laptop was going to crash

I knew it to be a trap. My Laptop is 2mths old.

But both Search do and Gadgets are still there hard to get rid of.

Musky I won't post the pic I sent you. That's a last resort.

Both you and Vernalee are awesome.

By "Gadgets" do you mean the "extensions" that Chrome uses? I thought you were dealing with Internet Explorer, not Google Chrome browser as you said several times in previous posts. If there is an extension that you don't want in Chrome, just go into "tools" and then "Extensions" and remove them.

Please do not post that picture you emailed, it won't help.

This morning,I was messing around and a Google search box came up,let me search the internet,go anywhere just fine,no problem,so I tried to backtrack and lost it now I can't find it.

I tried Musky's last suggestion first and it said I need an administrators password.

Did you try to just hit "enter" with no password in the box?

Also, You can use the drop-down menu where it asks for your log in and choose the log in identity that you normally use, and either enter a password for it, or if there is no password on that account, leave it blank and just hit enter. I am assuming you use an identity that has administrator rights on your laptop.