JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

thunderstorm barrage hits Las Vegas 

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3923 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://m.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/another-thunderstorm-barrage-hits-las-vegas-valley

! No more fires now thunderstorms. It was AMAZING last night - flash, boom & hail pelting the windows. No major damage at my home, but there was a LOT in the valley - pivs to follow.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Stay Safe Jerry. Hope your weather doesn't get to crazy :praying:  :hugs:  :wave: Hope you got enough bacon & dew to comfort you.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

This was the second big storm. Yesterday we were out in service and we saw several trees like that already down and one on the roof of a home.

I'll try and attach a photo.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

They are Massive trees..

You don't realize how big they can get. Til you cork your 4WD open on one.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Wow! Are the photos yours? (I didn't see them in the article page).

I love a good thunderstorm.... as long as the destruction is far away from me :P

I am walking the baby right now in the park. Those pics are from there. I was scared last night when the hail was hitting the windows. I thought they were going to break. I started taping (packing tape) in Xs on the windows. No major damage at my house, just dirt washed away.

Soon .....

Are you in a 2 story House Jerry?

For 6yrs we live in a 2 story over looked the ocean. Its set up high near the Escarpment. One year the area was surrounded by bushfires. So Elvis had to fly in.

Whenever the winds hit 12Oks or 90"s the House would shake. The windows would rock. & when the rain fall comes its like a torrent river going through. There are loads of trees In the acres near by. Some so riddled with termites that when the wild wind comes you be sleeping next minute a load thud.
I can picture :scared: .

Seeing large trees like that down is a real shame, especially when you think about how long it took them to get that biog.

That said, seeing it is nothing new for me ... we get some like that almost every year in Florida.

If you look, those types of trees have shallow root systems, even though those roots cover a large area around the base. When the ground gets overly wet and the wind blows really hard, they will fall.

One thing to watch out for is, when cutting them up for removal, the stump can stand back up from the tension of the roots that are still connected when the weight of the top of the tree is removed. That can be, and has been, deadly.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

more pictures:

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/Henderson-residents-cleaning-up-major-storm-damage-216387221.html

This is the suburb of Las Vegas I live and work in - Henderson.

Soon .....

:wave: Hope you got enough bacon & dew to comfort you.

it's doubtful anyone would have that much :lol2:

*kidding*

seriously though, scary stuff... glad you & your family are ok brother Jerry   :hugs:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

post-272-0-42315300-1374525000_thumb.jpg

Across the street from me is a large park and a school below it. There were 21 trees knocked down from the storm. I almost lost 3 trees myself.

I am pretty shure I have posted pics of me and my baby walking in this park at one time or another.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

That storm didn't bother him one bit. Even when the fireworks were going off a few weeks ago - we walked him outside, no problem.

Now have the doorbell ring :ecstatic:

Soon .....