JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

even more bad news.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3902 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Unfortunately some elders took this stand- they were supposed to contact Bethel and receive instructions on dealing with the authorities- but never to deny legal requirements, even if only one witness came forth -the trial or admission would be 2nd witness for congregation action. Did notice it was an old case -situations have been clarified -black & white- since then -the apostates love these situations and blow them all out of proportion.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Another child abuse news thread? :depressed:

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Romans 2:17-24

From last weeks bible reading. These verses show that cases such as this come as no suprise, they are the exception to the rule of course, but on account of these Jehovah's name is being blasphemed among the nations.

The truth is that the brothers did not "cover it up" as one hears of the Catholic Church doing by shuffling people around, they simply did not take stronger action, which was, as they felt, up to their discretion. Their consciences did not allow them to breach the confidentiality they felt existed. Its possible that in hindsight they realise they should have done more but the article is unbalanced. They have given a bias report in favor of making a juicy sounding story, if you read up about the case you will realise "cover up" is an incorrect term in this context, though I would say "lack of serious action" which in some peoples minds is tantamount to a cover up.

I can understand both sides - giving confidential information away to the authorities and not giving it away.

As we do NOT know if they called the authorities the moment they found out, but did so anonymously. We can't say - they did NOTHING. They even informed the congregation to be on the look out - that's good too.

As to testifying in a court of law as to what was said in a judicial hearing - I totally understand getting a legal opinion on this FIRST. Everyone is sue happy. If you give away confidential information - or information that is assumed as confidential - you get sued. If you don't give it away you get sued. One just needs to know the correct legal position to take. That articles says they had legal counsel. I am sure they followed it. It is clear they followed the spiritiual counsel - and this person is "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

I am also happy that they did not "impeded" the investigation in ANY way. The investigation was able to proceed without the elders telling people not to say anything. For all we know - they encouraged the young person to go to the authorities.

This story just seems be lacking a BUNCH of information. And as the elders aren't talking to the press - rightfully so - we won't have the whole story. As there is no new information that can be brought out - I am closing this thread.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3902 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.