JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Southern Hemisphere Envy ;)

So I woke up to see a thick dusting of snow this morning. I am not at all very happy about it. This signals 3-4 months of miserable weather, seasonal depression, and the like.

Makes me wonder how many of our members are south of the equator loving up the heat as their summer begins.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Oh it's just a little cold, maybe some snow on the ground. I love winter time, I look forward to every year it doesn't last long enough for me. Bring on the cold let me soak it in.

Oh yea I live in the Bay Area so it's not really that cold. ;-)

i like ths snow but not after i crashed into the school car park gate today dropping my daughter off!:nope:

OOOpppss thats not good, hope you didn't do too much damage to your car ??

We too have snow,with more forcast on Friday, we have been snowed in for a couple of days already :(

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I,m in Las Vegas a little cold this morning about 30 or so.

I was born in Rhode Island but mom & dad brought me to the desert when I was 1 year old, and have been here ever since then.

Love the desert and the heat. Did I mention I hate the cold.

You brothers can have that cold weather.....

> I'm in Texas, little cool this morning, but nothing like you brothers are dealing with. I do miss living up north though and seeing the snow.

>

>

I don't mind the cold outside so long as I have a warm house....but this house is Sooo cold !!! I can't sleep at night because of the cold, there is ice inside the windows...:(

We are snowed in because we live at the bottom of a very steep little lane that goes down to the sea, the lane is frozen solid etc and even with a four wheel drive jeep it is in passable :(

I,m in Las Vegas a little cold this morning about 30 or so.

I was born in Rhode Island but mom & dad brought me to the desert when I was 1 year old, and have been here ever since then.

Love the desert and the heat. Did I mention I hate the cold.

You brothers can have that cold weather.....

> I'm in Texas, little cool this morning, but nothing like you brothers are dealing with. I do miss living up north though and seeing the snow.

>

>

I was born and raised in Chicago. Moved to TX in 1998, I hate the triple digits summers down here, lol. I'll take the cold over that anytime.

I'm in Texas, little cool this morning, but nothing like you brothers are dealing with. I do miss living up north though and seeing the snow.

My grandparents moved to Texas in 2005. They absolutely cannot stand the summer heat, but they prefer it over the wintry snows of northeast Ohio.

Although, I believe that they said it DID snow once last year, the first time in 25+ years for that area of Texas.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I don't mind the cold outside so long as I have a warm house....but this house is Sooo cold !!! I can't sleep at night because of the cold, there is ice inside the windows...:(

That happened all the time at my old apartment. It'll be interesting to see if it will at this new home I am renting. This home is insulated to death, and it never got hot inside over summer if we kept the windows shut, and there is no air conditioning to boot.

We are snowed in because we live at the bottom of a very steep little lane that goes down to the sea, the lane is frozen solid etc and even with a four wheel drive jeep it is in passable :(

Sliding towards the sea in a vehicle would be rather terrifying, methinks :-)

i live on the central coast of california and we complain it is cold when it is in the low 60's! we need to keep in mind those of our brothers who live in severe weather areas! how do the pioneers get their time in?

I complain when it is in the low 60's (F) also :)

Funny that you ask about the pioneers. In my congregation, which is here in the cold, wintry, hell of northeast Ohio, the pioneers go out of their way to get overtime in the winter months so they can "take the summers off", so to speak.

If it's zero degrees and snow all over, I am not taking my young kids out in it.

here people are generally more inclined to talk when the weather is nice! taking off summers would limit effectiveness in the ministry. my problem is my bones don't function as well in the cold! i feel bad that some meetings are canceled due to snow in various areas.

i cannot imagine zero degrees. ouch! i wouldn't let my kids, dogs, or my mother go out in that!

So I woke up to see a thick dusting of snow this morning. I am not at all very happy about it. This signals 3-4 months of miserable weather, seasonal depression, and the like.

Makes me wonder how many of our members are south of the equator loving up the heat as their summer begins.

Not this one brother, it is only 24C here in Beenleigh, Queensland, right now but we have 76% humidity - it will be a lovely day if it ever rains, as it is forecast to do, but for now despite the nice temperature you sweat just sitting down. Of course it could be worse the day started with 91% humidity, so it has improved somewhat.

Last night it was cold enough for a doona but so humid that it was too much to have one on, so I didn't sleep well. Perhaps tonight we will try the doona but put our ceiling fan on to move the humidity around and make it comfortable enough to sleep.

Quite frankly I am envious of the northern hemisphere for the cold weather - I loathe summer, whether it is humid or not.

here people are generally more inclined to talk when the weather is nice! taking off summers would limit effectiveness in the ministry. my problem is my bones don't function as well in the cold! i feel bad that some meetings are canceled due to snow in various areas.

i cannot imagine zero degrees. ouch! i wouldn't let my kids, dogs, or my mother go out in that!

I used to enjoy cold weather, spent some time as a child in the U.P. of Michigan, right near the lake. It got COLD! And boy, did it snow! I loved it then, but now that I'm a little older even the winters here in Georgia are slowing me down. Don't think I could stand Michigan anymore.

the only way i enjoy cold weather, now that i am older, is in front of the fireplace! LOL! we went to Big Sur recently and the cabins had great fake fireplaces that put off a lot of heat. i ventured out only a bit to see the glories of Jehovah's creation mostly because i didn't want to leave the warm cabin! i will have to go back when the weather warms up so i can go for hikes and such! i also lived in st. clair shores, michigan for a summer when i was a child. i hear it gets pretty cold there in wintertime! brrrr.......

the pioneers here 'Make hay while the sun shines' so to speak !!! they go all out in the summer when we have very long days so they don't get too stressed during the winter months when the going gets very tough !!! we don't normally suffer with snow at all...mostly rain and floods :(

I live about 1500km north of Beenleigh in Townsville, Australia.

Tonight - it is hot !!!!!!

I went swimming at the local pool after the meeting today and am sitting here in my bathing suit.

It's still as hot as ever!

But I'm sorry folks - I'd rather the heat any day instead of the cold.

I always suffered SO badly in the cold in Canada.

It would go right into the bones and it hurt so much.

I'm happy to be here!

:)

your sis,

Lori

that is wonderful!!! i am envious as i always have enjoyed tropical climates! may i ask how did you come to be in australia? how did it happen that you were in canada? i am always fascinated how people migrate to various places. i was born into a military family and we moved so much when we were young but i married a man who was born and raised in the area we live! we haven't moved in 37 years!

We had a long cold winter here in South Australia, but suddenly it has turned to 35C and humid and we are sweltering!

The weather seems to be extreme in lots of places, I was in Beenleigh Qld in October and it was cold at the time, but nothing like the snow and cold I remember from living in England!

Nothing bad can last forever!