JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Those famous last three words...........

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3898 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/09/02/321802/people-in-car-hold-demo-to-demand-peace/

"Peace and Security". Those three exciting words.

I get so excited seeing those three words being put together and used so often like never before!.

Though on a small scale, I know, but I'm so excited,  but it will soon catch on and go global.  Whether the world WANTS it or feel that they can ACHIEVE it (Never!)..... the "cry" is being voiced and will be sounded more and more until the "proclamation" - (our long awaited signal!).

Jehovah's people "listen!".  It's nearer than we think!.

I was thinking about this just the other day and how excited I was when they (the UN joined by ohter nations) actually "declared" a particular year as the YEAR of INTERNATIONAL PEACE - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Year_of_Peace

Of course that was 1986. I was just graduating and thought - mom was right - I won't have to worry about graduating, marriage, children, etc.

Since then my motto has been - "expectations postponed is making the heart sick" Pr. 13:12. Instead of constantly getting excited and thinking "this is IT!", I am planning ahead as if Armageddon will not come in my life time (although I KNOW it will), but just lead my life EVERY day as if it is coming tomorrow. 

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I remembered we had a magazine on this recently:

w11 Jan 15 pages 31-32

An experienced Christian elder named Michael said: "Do not concentrate on what Jehovah has not yet done. Rather, dwell on what he has already done." Good advice indeed!

What Jehovah Has Done

Consider some of the outstanding things that Jehovah has already accomplished. Jesus stated: "He that exercises faith in me, that one also will do the works that I do; and he will do works greater than these." (John 14:12) Today, God's servants are accomplishing the greatest Christian works ever. Over seven million individuals look forward to surviving the great tribulation. Imagine, never before have so many faithful servants of Jehovah been active in so many lands throughout the earth! Jehovah has made Jesus' prophetic words about "works greater than these" a reality.

What else has Jehovah done for us? He has made it possible for honesthearted ones to move out of the wicked world, figuratively speaking, and into the spiritual paradise that he has created. (2 Cor. 12:1-4) Take time to reflect on some of the features of that paradise that are within our easy reach. For instance, take a look at your personal library or at the one in the Kingdom Hall. Page through the Watch Tower Publications Index, or browse through Watchtower Library. Switch on a recording of a Bible drama. Relive in your mind the sounds and images of a recent convention. In addition, think about the wholesome association we enjoy with our Christian brothers and sisters. How generous Jehovah has been in providing us with abundant spiritual food and a loving brotherhood—a spiritual paradise indeed!

The psalmist David stated: "Many things you yourself have done, O Jehovah my God, even your wonderful works and your thoughts toward us." (Ps. 40:5) Yes, by dwelling on the wonderful things that Jehovah has already done for us and by reflecting on the loving thoughts that he has toward us, we will find renewed strength to endure faithfully in our wholehearted service to our heavenly Father, Jehovah.—Matt. 24:13.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Brothers and Sisters.

Please don't get my post wrong. I am NOT stating that the long awaited proclamation IS here from the stated article.

I'm walking alongside Jehovah's chariot-like organisation, not running ahead of it

Thanks.

Me too. I am happy to be on this journey with you!!  :wave:

Soon .....

Brothers and Sisters.

Please don't get my post wrong. I am NOT stating that the long awaited proclamation IS here from the stated article.

I'm walking alongside Jehovah's chariot-like organisation, not running ahead of it

Thanks.

I am totally convinced that this form (email) isn't always the best form of communication and stated comments can easily be taken out of context.  Thank you for sharing your initial thoughts.  I think it is fair to say that many of us think along those lines.     

Edited by Mei

I am with Patricia &Jerry.

Its good to have this at the front.

It is exciting. The cry has to start somewhere.

A Johnny Farhnam song is called.

One Link and a Chain reaction.

So this is personally encouraging.

Gives us reason to keep our faith strong and motivated.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Thank you!,  thank you! Brothers and Sisters for understanding my point!.

Yes we are ALL awaiting the MAIN UNITED announcement as stated by Fee-bee...until then, does it mean that we can't get excited when those words are mentioned - either orally or in written form, even though (AS I KNOW....even after 37 years of knowing in the Truth! - I have learnt something :D )...it's not THE REAL THING?....

If Armageddon is Near!....how much more so the Great Tribulation?.....

I am with Patricia &Jerry.

Its good to have this at the front.

It is exciting. The cry has to start somewhere.

A Johnny Farhnam song is called.

One Link and a Chain reaction.

So this is personally encouraging.

Gives us reason to keep our faith strong and motivated.

Do only us Aussies know who John Farnham is?

Thanks Gabe, I've had this song in my head all day!! :D