JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

One of the most precious animals the Jehovah created was the lions. I am such a wild cat lover. so when I visit the zoo's I get lots of pictures of all the cats. But the one that I love the most is this picture......

6114=119-zoo5.jpg I plan to have two lions in paradise. and some others as well.:D

Thank you for taking the time to shrink them down to less than 600x600 pixels.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

BOB...I"m trying to post a picture and it is too big. How do I shrink it? I'm using Picasso as my photo editor.

Lm

You mean Google Picasa? It's not really an editor, more like a viewer and/or photo album creation software with a limited selection of special effects. I think it stinks, personally. You should try http://www.gimp.org/ instead. It is free, expandable, and the learning curve isn't too bad.

After you install it, you just open your photo in it and then click the Image drop down menu at the top, and select "Scale Image". Take your largest dimension, either the height or the width, and change it to 600. The other value will automatically adjust to be proportionate. And it will automatically convert to 72dpi for web viewing.

At that size, it will be small enough to not even make a dent in my 500kb limit, and small enough that my software here wont have to bother resizing it in the post.

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

My backyard in Alberta :D

6166=121-n672986891_1315457_2611.jpg

You stashing a pot o' gold back there? What a view. I could live like that :-) - Bob
I love the serenity, the birds, the sunshine, and the smell of the trees after the rain. Sorry no pot of gold........but here's a funny worth its weight in gold!

6351=124-exercise-one-hour-a-day-or-bein

here's a funny worth its weight in gold!

That is funny. I have a relative whose doctor had to scare her like that in order to get her to wake up.

The animated GIF with the God billboard is really cute too!

- Bob

Ugggggggghhhhhhhh!!!! I tried and tried. Finally got it to shrink but now it wont show up the pic without the link. Help me Bob!

You saved the file as a .xcf file which can only be opened by GIMP itself. You need to save the file as a .jpg file. Take a look at my tutorial in the FAQ section.

- Bob

OH....it didnt give me the option to change it to a JIF and my brain is tired. I'll try again tomorrow. I am so stupid when it comes to these computers! nI don't see how people work with them all the time.

Give me blood and guts anyday!!!!

You have to scroll down the Select File Type menu. They are in alphabetical order.

- Bob